A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Calling MC's and Importing whole Movie files...

Ok, I need to firstly import another movie file into my existing Scene.

I have just imported the file and it doesn't play at all, do I need to bring in the whole library and all the frames of all the MC's in this movie to get it to play? I just want it to run in the background of my interactive Scene.

What are the steps for importing whole movies?
    What are the steps to access another MC to play away in the background?

Any help will be appreciated and greatly learnt

cheers

By import, I am assuming that you exported it as a SWF and then pasted it in to your timeline? There are a couple of other ways of transfering one movie to another. They include:

- Highlighting the timeline of the movie you want to copy and right clicking>>copy frames - then going to the movie that you want to paste it into and creating a new movie clip and then clicking in the first frame of that new clip and right click>>paste frames.

- Simply leaving your movie in its own SWF file and doing a load movie into your existing one.

Both of the methods above will get all of the attached MCs and objects.

As for building a background loop, that is why I suggested that you paste everything in its own MC above. If you drag a MC onto the main timeline and the MC is set to loop, then it will sit there and merrily loop away regardless of what else is happening on the main timeline.

Let us know if you need more...

smart! now how do I maintain the imported movies timing

Thanks for the reply

I did that and the movie I imported remains on the 12fps of the movie I imported into.

The imported movie is 24fps.

any ideas?

Yea the only real extensability to fix that is the ol'manual option - you either gotta change your main movie to 24 FPS and then deal with fixing it, or change your imported movie down to 12...that does pose a good question though...