dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: WANTED-Crisp Fonts!

WANTED-Crisp Fonts!

I have read many posts and I still can not achieve clean, non-blurry fonts. I feel I have tried everything; left justified, X+Y on whole digits, using pixel fonts as well as font embedding-first frame, the Use Device Fonts (results are too severe on different machines)... Am I missing something? Please Help!

Design Pro | Programming N00b
    Just out of curiosity, is there a particular typeface that is giving you trouble? And at which point size are you using it?

Cheers,
    Xenon.

Initially, Helvetica @ 10. Then a FFF pixel font, Urban @ 9.

Banned
    Pixel fonts should be used at size 8, and if embedded, left justified only, textfield and/or movie clip in which the textfield may be nested on exact pixel values, and most importantly making sure the textfield is scaled at 100% across.

I have a few FFF pixel fonts but not Urban I think! Can you attach your .fla or a mockup using the Galaxy font (free at FFF)?

Design Pro | Programming N00b
    The problem is that many fonts, regardless of the steps you take to ensure they look clear, readable and attractive (and the same can be said of GIF text, by the way, not just Flash text) just don't translate well on screen, especially at less than 12pt. This can be said of many of the most beautiful and classic fonts there are - Univers, Helvetica Neue, Frutiger, Akzidenz Grotesk, et cetera. As a general rule, when using these fonts, I tend to not use less that 11pt, as I know it is more clear at that point size, but still isn't huge on the screen.

Xenon.

Thank you both for your help. Changing the pixel font to 8 point helped as well noticing my text field box was slightly skewed.

All the best!