A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: - - site check - -

- - site check - -

how's my navigation looking? still have more content to add. thanks
    www.gushee.com

I like your site. Although you're still working, it looks very polished. The navigation is good. I especially liked the "mosiac" transition used for the portfolio entries. Nice job.

imagination through stupidity
    the animations on the left bottom side bar.. they play once then just sit there as a gradient.. have it fade out or something.. they i=t ill be awesome.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

good call syber... I have the radial spheres fade close to transparent now. It was a little harsh/distracting on the eyes.

Navigation

Hey,

I checked out your site and yeah I agree it looks pretty polished. I am working on a site with similar navigation. While I haven't finished it yet my intended goal for the nav was to haev it operate similar to the way yours does. Can you tell me briefly share how you achieved the extend/retract motion. I have gotten as far as having the menus extend on a motion, but retracting is alittle lacking. Otherwise man I liked your work. Very impressive.

Tony

Hi,

very nice navigation if you ask me

Omitofo
    ::Attila::

Digitmaxr - I achieved the extend/retract motion using scenes and motion tweens. My main swf is made up of 15-20 scenes.
    thanks all

egush13-

Thanks for the response. Sounds like it was abit of work to tweek everything just so but it looks good I must say. I am/have been working on a scripted method to have the menus slide. But if it don't pan out the way I want I have a fall back method. 15-20 scenes huh. just how long did it take you to work all of that out?

Digitmaxr - yeah the initial menu setup took me about 4 hours then I have added to it with effects and all. The nav all happens in my main swf file with the atom looking animations. So on this I build my content which is around 52 swf's.