A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DHTML drag and drop

DHTML drag and drop

I know how to create drag and drop objects using DHTML as long as the objects are gifs or jpgs.

Does anyone know how to drag an ActiveX element, more specifically a Flash object.
    PIII 800 | 512meg | cable | Radeon 9000 pro 128meg | 1600x1200 | XP | IE6 | flash6

i believe you cant because they are embedded objects. much like all the acitvex thingies. if im wrong please tell me cause i would like to know how also

but wait.

say you are in dreamweaver. you CAN set a flash movie in a layer. above everything else. like the flash movie is really big. 100% maybe. with a transparent background. than whatever you want to be draggable can be just dragged within the flash movie. know what im saying?
    maybe.

thanks for the reply. I actually embedded the .swf file in a layer, then used a drag and drop javascript to give me the ability to move the layer. It worked, however the moment the mouseDown function is activated the .swf becomes invisible until mouseUp.

So it works, but not the way I want it to. The .swf needs to remain visible.

Now for you're idea.... I considered doing that, but making the .swf 100% would also change the size and shape of the images in the .swf wouldn't it????

If not then I think your idea will work, but it needs to keep the images the same size regardless of the ratio of the users browser window.

What do you think?
    PIII 800 | 512meg | cable | Radeon 9000 pro 128meg | 1600x1200 | XP | IE6 | flash6

Originally posted by selah v3
    Now for you're idea.... I considered doing that, but making the .swf 100% would also change the size and shape of the images in the .swf wouldn't it????

If not then I think your idea will work, but it needs to keep the images the same size regardless of the ratio of the users browser window.

What do you think?
    in mx there is a 'stage' object that allows you to set the SWF to not scale when a movie set at 100% is resized.

check out http://moock.org/asdg/technotes/relayout/ for details.

example of a site using this feature to do something similar to what you're considering, http://www.crashshop.com/site.html

hth

yup aversion!
    maybe.