A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: be kind please....or not

ask me one on fish..not flash

be kind please....or not

hi guys,

please tell me if i am getting this right!!

shop is quiet little china shop, wanted "clean" look and simple flow to shop.

its all flash, even the basket (there is still an error but i am not telling hahaha

yes i know there is no front page yet...need some inspiration to go with my perspiration...haha

you can only "shop" for lladro at the moment and the checkout button is dead so thats not it.

all comments gratefully cowered behind

gary

http://www.gary-bydesign.co.uk/gaziz/index2.html
    I bought a Ouija board. The pointer spelled out 'You don't actually believe in this crap, do you

So far it doesn't look like you're getting it right, but maybe thats just because you havn't finished the site. The site seems way too empty, and I can see that the shopping cart needs some work too. "The last time that i saw something this ugly it was attached to the back end of some serious drinking" Hmm.. good thing the descriptions are so difficult to read .You should finish the site then post again.

Originally posted by kamyab
    So far it doesn't look like you're getting it right, but maybe thats just because you havn't finished the site. The site seems way too empty, and I can see that the shopping cart needs some work too. "The last time that i saw something this ugly it was attached to the back end of some serious drinking" Hmm.. good thing the descriptions are so difficult to read .You should finish the site then post again.

IMO the purpose of this board is to get feedback on sites that are being constructed, not necessarily a completed site. also not everyone is perfect at design, instead of stating everything that is wrong help with ways to improve it.

As far as I can see with a little tuning up and some more detail this site would work, if it is what the client wants. There are a lot of empty spaces, and the fonts are a little distorted and hard to read. I would recommend trying out some pixel fonts for more clarity. The blank spots can be filled with some type of watermarked background, or a picture. just play with a few ideas and you will find something that looks good.

Don't let people get you down, if you keep working at it you will notice your work starting to get better and better. Just remember there is a differance between constructive critisism, and people that just want to bash your work.

Keep flashin

yes the design could be improved but i think that the main thing you have to worry about is the shopping cart functionality which as you say is still giving an error.

i agree that your should use pixel fonts too and besides the lack of content it shows some programming talent.

one thing i would implement is a little shopping cart situation, with how many items added and the total cost so far, without having to click on view shopping cart, this should be very user friendly.

good luck!