A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: euh....

euh....

hey i want to make an .swf and on that .swf i have an list with things like "trailer xXx " and if ya klik on that link an movie will load ( but i want to have stop button and an home button on it too)
    and is it possible to have and preloader on eatch movie b/c it can be like 2.5 mb large

Everything you are asking is possible. You want to start out by converting your avi/mov/mpeg/.. to swf and then just treat it like you would any other movie. Preload it, Stop it, Start it, whatever.
    PC | 1.7GHz P4 | 256MB RAM | FLASH MX | IE6 | WIN XP | BROADBAND

but

if i want to load the movie of an other site ( not in the .swf ) with an preloader is that possible then ?

If I understand you correctly, yes you can. To load a movie into an empty movieclip called emptyMC you would use the following actionscript:

Code:
    emptyMC.loadMovie(http://www.anothersite.com/Movie1.swf);

i'm quit new

hey i'm quit new ( and from belgium ) so i don't understand everything ==>> whats an empty movieclip ==>> how do i make it ?

Check this out. It explains loadMovie.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ionary423.html

Basically you literally create a movie clip that contains no images, text, etc and drag it onto the stage where you want your external swf to load. Once you drag the empty mc on the stage you must give it an instance name.

but is it possible

is it possible to make an preoloader for the movie if so how ?

( i want to make an .swf with an preloader that loads to an movie on an other site ( ends with .mpeg ore so ) so not the movie in any kind of swf

I misunderstood you. You can not load a mpeg from flash or make a flash preloader to load an mpeg as far as I know. You can have a link in Flash that lauches a popup window and use the buffering properties in Windows Media Player as your preloader. To do this you will need to encode your mpeg into a streaming format wvx/asx/etc... You will need to learn how to launch popup windows from Flash. Do a search in the forums for this. There is plenty of threads already posted on the subject matter.

can you

hey if ya go to http://a1360.g.akamai.net/7/1360/51/...ilermedium.mov you'll see an version of microsoft media player well is it possible to make in flash an media player too and it loads the same way ( so you can see a bit of the video when it's loading )

P.S. i really appreciade ur help

hey belgium, that looks like QT, now if i understand u, what u want is a video to preload for now right?, then why dont u consider using only *.swf files (flash player files) thats if u have Flash mx it will accept video and u can export it as .swf so it will automatically stream.
    And everything u said its possible, just ask or do a serach
    I hope u understand what i mean.

I agree with phreakdevil. That is the direction I was trying to steer you in my previous posts.

wel

wel see i knew what you where trying to say but the problme is i'm just 14 and i can't afford to pay for an server so i need free once and i have one but max upload is 900kb so i can't use films of 2.5 mb if ya have an good free server please tell me

P.S. thx for all ur help