dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: where's the excess weight???

where's the excess weight???

Hello all,

i've just completed a website and noticed that despite the fact that it weights only 600Ko it's fluidity is quite awful. The idea of the site is that i have a long horizontal movie-clip that slides sideways but the slidding is quite slow and not regular. My slidding movie-clip is made out of one jpeg (lighter and nicer then a gif) and other movie-clips of rotating pictures and text. Is the slow slidding a result of a too complexe Movie-clip or is it because text is incorporated and slides along, or something else???

thanks
    Priff

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

Re: where's the excess weight???

Originally posted by Priff
    Hello all,

i've just completed a website and noticed that despite the fact that it weights only 600Ko it's fluidity is quite awful. The idea of the site is that i have a long horizontal movie-clip that slides sideways but the slidding is quite slow and not regular. My slidding movie-clip is made out of one jpeg (lighter and nicer then a gif) and other movie-clips of rotating pictures and text. Is the slow slidding a result of a too complexe Movie-clip or is it because text is incorporated and slides along, or something else???

thanks
    Priff

Hi there

You can always make a size report to see what frames are heavier than the other, also a bandwidth profiler will help tell which parts are heavier than others, then youu can optimize your file, like by rearranging your loading sequence, or keeping some stuff to be loaded from external files and so on.

also Have you tried viewing the file on other machines?

hope that helped

cool...
    thanks a lot for the info el-Ignoramus. I'll try that
    Sorry for the late response.

priff