A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pause when video starts

pause when video starts

Hi all. Thanks in advance for your help, and for all I've learned just from lurking here.

Time for a real question!

I'm making a flash movie that loads in SWF video files using LoadMovie. here's the problem....

seems like whenever the movie loads, even if I prebuffer the SWF file, the video pauses on the first frame for a second and then begins to play. Seems to me like the RAM or processor requirements are high, and it causes this delay.

Is there anything I can do about this?

If playing from hd or cd, it wont preload, however when publishing on internet preloads will take that problem off, yes thats a common problem on big file sizes, if you tell me what this video is for (web/presentation/etc) i might be able to help you more.
    Another thing you r not placing the preloader code on your first video frame right? because if u r then thats your problem right there.

for the web

i'm posting it on the web, the preload occurs in the first scene of the movie, then the next scene has the video. and there's always a pause when the video starts.

we're working around this by adding a fade in from black to all of the clips. the little pause should be invisible now.

Try without scenes.