A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading Movies

Loading Movies

Hey, I am trying to do something that i have been trying to figure out. I am trying to take an swf file from a url and put it in my other movie like an MC....

Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is appriciated...Thanks
    So many Ideas

So little Time

Banned

ok

one more question....everything worked fine with the movie in the movie...but my starting movie is 50 fps, and the movie i am loading is 20 fpsa...can i get the loaded movie to play at 20 fps in the 50 fps movie?

thanks again
    So many Ideas

So little Time

Banned
    You could slow it down some, but maybe not exactly at 20 fps.

A little complicated... I have a script somewhere, will try to find it and post it later...

ok, more problems...

I've gotten the swf to load into my other swf. but, all of the actions in the opened swf pertain in the original swf...like, if there is an action of a frame in the loaded swf that tells it to go back to frame 1. it will go to frame 1 in the original movie

i dont really want to change the loaded swf too much to to work in the original because i also want to use this the loaded swf by itself at some other time...is there any way to open the swf inside my other swf and have the whole movie and its actions just pertain to the movie?

Thanks to anyone at least attempting to help

bye
    So many Ideas

So little Time

Banned
    If you don't want to change the scripts of the to be loaded movie, then load it on a level rather than in a container clip.
    That said you can modify a copy of your original movie, save it under another name, and in this case, use the modified movie rather than the original. You would have to change all your references to _root to this or _parent.

i see how you said i can do it by level...but then it came up with a new screen and JUST the move i loaded..nothing else ...just for knowledge,(because im prolly just gonna do the 2 separate file thing), is there a way to load it into the swf using the level and still have the original one there?

Thanks BUNCHES!!!
    So many Ideas

So little Time

Banned
    What exact code were you using? GetURL or loadMovieNum?

You don't want to load the movie onto level 0. This is is the level that the original movie is on and you can only have on movie per level.
    If you use target you can put your loaded movie into a movie clip that exists in the original movie and set your actions according to it's position in there. You will have to change stuff to make this work but I don't think you have a choice.