dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Easy access to photographs...

Easy access to photographs...

Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

http://pro.corbis.com/

If you type in a word, you get a TON of awesome photographs! And then you can easily click save as.. and get them off their site for free..

But this place looks like a major photograph distributor... why would it be so easy to get them for free with no watermarks??????
    KatieJ

erm wot u talkin about u mean u cna use thumbnails at that low resolution for good graphics work LOL like to see ya try if you want the hihg resolution versions of them you have to pay you can view them but they have a CORBIS water mark over the middle. Dont try and be smart and steal them people arent that dumb these days. Gotta be extra careful.

If you register a username the images which have a watermark on them will no longer have one.

ok thats dodgy doesnt it make you pay for each photo you look at or summit. I dont understand why a company would do that

Perhaps it has a limit number of downloads you can have per session.

I'm not sure.

i think i sussed it I think you can use the resolution they give you put if you want the big 3mb 800x1024 kinda stuff you have to pay. Sounds liek a godd deal to me anywya i can use photos that size. cheers for the link

Hi i would seriously not even think of going down that road

"This site is owned and operated by Corbis Corporation. All images and related informational materials in any medium furnished by Corbis hereunder, including related text, captions, or information (collectively referred to as "Images") are owned by Corbis or our Image providers. All Images are protected by US and international copyright laws. "

these guys have better lawyers than u could dream of, if your site is (no offence) pants and will never be found by eg google or msn etc then mb u will get away with it

but if they catch u........

"tony stone" left some stats traces on a several sites i have done showing that they were trawling for their images (use of)

they are the big boys and i personally would nt mess with them

whats easier for them selling an image to you for $100 or dragging you through court for $13000

if u want to use an image contact them, tell them u are a student (whatever) it worth a try

bp

still why allow you to view it wihtout a water mark if you sign up its baffled me mayb they need to sue a few people to make up extra income every year LOL

u can apply an unseen watermark in photoshop digimark (and others available) look in filters , when viewed in photoshop with the same filter present it shows the image is theres, the details are coded into the image so u can't remove it

its far easier borrowing a digital camera and having some fun reproducing one u have seen on corbis

also u will learn about cameras and in the long run it will save u loads of money

i think most of u guys would be v annoyed if someone ripped your hard work and u never got any money or a "please can i" email

i've had stuff pinched before and i was furious

bp

ok so it has no water mark on the picture but it does in the digital code of the picture now that sounds like a big corporate company. I take your words of wisodm and will defiantly not be usin anythin from that site cheaper to get a new camera me thinks $100 a pic LOL