dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Drawing in Flash or Photoshop

Drawing in Flash or Photoshop

I've been asked to do a project for a Hair & Beauty Consultancy about what happens when you wash ur hair with their products and with other products in the market. This entails a close up view of a hair strand and then an animated effect on particles entering the hair strand, etc. The cuticles (or flaps) on the hair strand opens up and closes again.. and so on.

ANYHOW, to get to my qst do i first design the hair strand + the different open and closing scenes in Photoshop or some other drawing package, and then transfer the images to Flash for animation, or do i do the whole shebang in Flash using it's drawing tools, etc.?

Please advise - the project must be finished by 12 June!
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()

id be tempted to find a close up pic of someones hair then use flash to trace the image and then start animating in flash. Forget about photoshop its easier jsut to go straight to flash as long as your client does not want perfect realistic scenes (whihc i doubt) then vector is alot better gives a better than raster andway

Oh yeah.. forgot to mention, they need a printable version of a couple of the shots as well for their books..
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()

vector is still better vector will keep your file size down and give you good quality where as raster can give you a much more realistic and betetr quality each frame may end up as about 500kb. just make sure you take time when your tracing and it should turn out alot betetr than a raster ever would.

You could tell the client.....hmmm, that seems a lot like Pantene Pro V shampoo. They did a comercial some years ago, why dont we cut and paste the comericial, remove all their logos and insert yours!

O.K., first what is the image this company is trying to portray? Obviously the same thing as every shampoo maker; our shampoo develops 'healthy', 'strong', good looking hair with 'sex appeal'.

Now, trying to recreate a single /life/ like hair in photoshop, split in three different sections, and then animating those three sections of /life/ like hair in flash, probably wont give you the healthy, sexy, or strong look.

My suggestion would be to forget realism and think sexy abstract. Stick with flash, or if you must use photoshop, make a single strand spiced with dye, like a golden semi glowing brown(again forget life like) and let flash create the illusion of particles impregnating the hair.

my 0.02

logixbean

Do u perhaps know of the commercial url or link - just to get some ideas?? Or any other links?
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()

logixbean is talking about the tv add but im sure if you type Pantene Pro V shampoo into google you should be able to find a still fo the add on their website.

yip tried that already (google is the first place i turn to (besides Flashkit when i need info), but no luck.

Thanx for all the help so far..
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()

do you mena you couldnt find the site or you coudlnt find what your looking for I found the site instantly here ill check to see if it has anything relevant.

Found the site easy too, but couldn't find what i was looking for, i.e. hair strand, animation, etc.
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()

yeha i found that out after lookign arou7nd they spend all that money on really good animations on their tv add ans they cant veen put it up on the net so designers like us can knick the stills LOL

You said it
    ()""()
    ( )
    ()""()