A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Recording Studio site!!

Recording Studio site!!

Please check out this site for a recording studio in columbus ohio that I did. Let me know what you think.

www.2bluemoon.com
    delstrange

Thats pretty good, but the font is blury. Nice one

Thanks Flasher.
    Anybody else?
    delstrange

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    I really liked the design and graphics, polished work. The photos on the pop ups were dark and poor. They cry for a decent photographer and a good digital camera. The sample board at the bottom looked out of place in the design. As you a recording studio, sliders instead of buttons would have more appropriate. The text is almost too small to read on 1600 rez, the good news is that only 5% of the world use that rez.

The scrolling text was way too fast with your frame rate. It flashed by on my 2.3Mhz. All the font was blurry.
    Life is just a bunch of swf's

change to a pixel font and you'll have a good site.

What are some good pixel fonts to use?

Also with the scrolling text, I don't know how to control the speed of it. The text is all loaded from .txt files and isn't part of the movie itself. How can I control it without using the timeframes?

And I agree with the player at the bottom, I think it needs to be redesigned and allow you to show it and hide it.

Thanks.
    delstrange

pixel fonts are fonts that are made in pixels and not in vectors, they look better in flash.

Yep, due to the nature of the page u should work a little more on your playee, its important, the artist images really need some photoshoping, the sample 2 music stops and starts, either make it a loop or preload the hole song on another level.
    Hope that helps.

Where can I get some good pixel fonts?

As for the artist images, do you mean the ones at the top that fade in and out? The people who I built the site for, didn't really want me to do anything to the photos.

Also, for the loops, I didn't create them, they gave them to me and are something that they can change and update as often as they want. It does sound like the sample 2 loop stops and then starts again, but that is actually just the way the clip is, it is a lot softer at the beginning than at the end so it sounds like it stops.
    delstrange

Here you may find them, on the freebies maybe theres something u like, and try them out.

also check the information on that site about how to use them because i'm guessing you've never used them before.