A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why Flashkit , ....Tell us your story..

Señor member
    hmm .. why am I here..?

Well, it started when my housemate referred me to FK as a resource site and I posted a quick site check for a terrible bit of flash in all honesty (that aspect hasn't improved for me much) and I got some really friendly and constructive feedback which helped a lot so I stuck around, downloaded a few files and became a member of the community and here I am.

I still suck at flash but I like to think my horizons have been broadened and I'm a better designer these days
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

My work decided that I was to make a demo site in flash for CD distribution. Was complaining to someone that I did not have a clue about flash and they sent me here.

I was scared of the CL to start with. It reminded me of High School! All the cool kids hung out here and I was an outsider and would never fit in

Then one day I started posting in the CL and that was it.

There are some memorable people here... and even those that made my life hell (hellbelowme!) made this place kinda special.

I have met a few of the members at conferences and even the animal expo! *waves to Mr Petley*

And have formed some very special friendships *cuddles Gerbie*

I do not post much now, FK eats too much bandwidth and I keep getting told off at work, so I never come here...

but it is good to drop by on occasion.
    <:8O)~~~ RATS! they ate my footer! ~~(O8:>

flashdevil
    Nice thread... my story;

it was like somewhere 2000 i started using flash, only problem was i hadnt a internetconnection at that time so FK was something i never heard of. Then on a birthday of a friend of mine I started to talk about flash with some guy. he mentioned flashkit and I stored it deep away in my brains

Somewhere in 2001 I got Cable-connection and I surfed to flashkit. I was amazed at what I saw, I've spend like half my summer holiday surfing on Flashkit, posting things, reading tutorials, checking out movies.

And now I know my things of Flash, so when I post now its usely a reply in the newbies-section. Paying back all those answers FlashKit gave me when I was still a newbe.
    fifkikker.com
    fresh flash developer, with style.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Thanks for your time all

Still kisses with saliva save_larry's Avatar
    an empowered & informed member of society
    I've been using FlashKit as a primary source of good tutorials for the two years that I've been playing with Flash. I never clicked over to the forums until recently, but they were having a Photoshop contest on the Design and Graphics forum and I couldn't resist registering and posting my own attempts. I still post only occasionally, but I spend a good deal of time here. This is a great place.

ummm....

i can't really remeber how i got here! i was searching for forums that help you with flash because i have so many annoying problems with flash because i'm just an amatuer. loh-and-behold you guys popped onto my screen, or something like that, and i check back with ya'll pretty much every day!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Man...it has been a while. I've been lurking FK forever, till I joined FK up with a SN of blastoval in early 2001. I really hated it, so I dropped my post count, join date, and rejoined as fospher.com in the 2002. I really like it here...the people are really nice, cool, educated, and you can lead an intellectual discussion, which is never possible with any of my dumb buddies. I think I found FK through Google, however I'm not quite sure about that one. I hope FK will live for a long time so future generations can benefit of the immense ammount of knowledge thats contained in the site.

//f

and personally, i like the G-rated policy FK has implemented. It brings a more educated bunch, a more mature bunch, a bunch of programmers, artists, and designers.

Flashkit

I've been in the shadows with flashkit for almost three years, you guys have given me a new source of inspiration and i hope to show the world one day my flash skills, but for now flashkit is the place
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=41172
    Beauty is my passion, pain is my platform

i was brought in here by my Web Design institute instructor . he was real good in Flash and i had asked him the secret of his expertise . he showed me FLashkit , Flashguru and also the erstwhile WH . Enojyed and made many a friends in here over the years.
    One more thign i would like to say - a site registered/opened in October 99 and affiliated with Internet.com in January 2000 - thats too good .

www.12inchwarriors.com
    luv this site. keep it up!

FlashKit has ruined me, man!

I am studying to be MCDBA and probably a MCSE, so I was looking in to APIs and also into some GUI stuff cause I hate VB.
    Anyways, I wanted to find some thing different to be able to design front end stuff for DB's. I stumbled apon flash, got sucked into the life and while searching for all things flash came across Flashkit. Now I spend most of my time doing flash things instead of spending it in the exciting world T-SQL with it's fun indexes, and stored procedures, blah , blah boring. ActionScript kicks ass.

I was actually given this site URL as a resource for SWiSH when it came out. After seeing the site and resources available here BEYOND the scope of SWiSH, I quickly converted to learning FLASH!

MOTION GRAPHIKS (or however it is spelled)...was actually great motivation for me.

-whispers-

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Actually Im still trying to find help for my broken flashlight. I found flashkit by searching in google for "flash" and "light" and "fixer kit". I came to a tutorial, but it looked very unrealistic, like it wasnt about a real flashlight at all.
    Im on a slow and expensive modem connection, where the heck do I press to download flashkit, so that I can continue my story offline?
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

my multimedia teacher told me about this site.
    Then when i got addicted he got mad at me cause i was spending too much time on fk. =( but i was already far more advanced then the seniors. I am so cool. You all love me. Hi
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Thanks all, keep up the good work .

FK's Official A&A Addict
    why flashkit... hmmm good question. i started using flashkit as a means of learning flash, flash 4 was just around the corner and i saw some pretty impressive stuff made with it. I wanted to make my own site with equally impressive stuff on my site.

it was in late 1999 (nov/dec) when i started to look for a flash tutorial site... there wasn't really al that much out there. actually flashkit seemed like the most complete resource site for flash at the time, it never occured to me till a year or two ago that flashkit was founded in 1999 anyway i made my first flash movie, learned the basics and it was like november 2000 when i realised i used flashkit alot (and i mean really alot) so i signed up. I didn't use that account though there was like 8 posts on it and I was still just using the flashkit main site.

then i wanted to learn some more animation. I really like drawing pictures and stuff like that and i wanted to take the next step and make an animation. I was searching and i didn't really find a proper tutorial.... basicly because there isn't a way to learn it but by doing it and from advice of experienced people. so i was again looking around on the board. Enter A&A section. the people where very friendly at the time and Anime was always a favorite genre of mine so, and a common interest back then. The ambience was great, and i thought well i'll sign up with an new acount, that was in april or so.

i learned the ropes from people there, i chatted about anime, and other stuff and actually the only place of interest was actually A&A for me. it's there where i got all my posts and i never actually used the coffee lounge. it wasn't till last year winter when i started to come here and actually notice that this was actually an existing lively section of the board. however i'll still remain active mainly in the A&A section due to the interest and the general ambience. I seen alot of people come and go and well maybe i'll go sometime to (not likely) but until that day i'll stick to the old and trusty A&A section :P

i hate flashkit
    H

I found Flashkit through Colin Moock's book "Actionscript, the Definitive Guide." (Great book by the way.)

I found that there really is nothing that even compares to Flashkit on all levels. Flashkit is the place to be for Flashers. Simple as that.

I pitty the fool who misses out on Flashkit!

I remember one day asking a friend of mine who used to work for a fair-sized design house how to script something, and i just couldn't wrap my head around it...since i was a Flash newbie! So after about 15minutes of trying to explain fscommand he said, "Just go Flashkit and look for a tutorial, dammit!"

i have since then been hooked!

hey, don't laugh. Your daughter may be in here!!!