A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Why Flashkit , ....Tell us your story..

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

Originally posted by Mr Funnell

I think perhaps a little history of FK is in order, maybe ill put something up on my site one day.
    That sounds great thanks for browsing by Guy

Hi,

I was just searching for quality music loops which ends on
    flashkit.com , Thanks for the site with quality and valuable
    free services.

Regards
    Sajjad
    CMXD.studios.CodeMasters & xTreme deZinerz
    www.cmxd.com
    templates4site.cmxd.com

Flasher
    When I found out someone made a software program that the average idiot(savante) could use to animate things it drew me in, now the sweet intoxication that is "Flash" will forever course through my veins.

Oh, you were asking about Flash..KIT! I did a search for tutorials and FK was numero uno on the list. I signed up for the free stuff and FK has done a wonderful job helping to satiate my addiction.

.....................THANKS FLASHKIT!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................
    J-man.

like many others i dont remember exactly how i found flash, but i do remember why! opps no i dont i probably open up flash and wondered what the heck is this all about then!
    originally i went to the tuts and then progressed to the movies then i got here very recently. I've answered a question, asked one and done a couple of site checks so i guess i'm slowly moving out of the red on my FK account! (the largest folder on my desktop is my flash tuts folder 99% downloaded from FK!)
    I really like it here ............
    Only after the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught, then will you find that money cannot be eaten. Cree Indian Prophecy.

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    I found Flashkit absolutely by chance. But then flash gradually bacame an important part of my life, of my work, and of my income... :-)

Many thanks to J. Gay, M. Fennel, E. Jordan, B. Gates,...

Vahagn
    Dynamic Systems
    Professional Web Development Solutions!
    www.DySyst.com

Living on fortified coffee. Mike-Edwards's Avatar
    Found Flashkit after a Google search on Flash tutorials for Flash 5, mostly for trying figure out how to do MovieClips.

Tutorials, online help and the sound FX are the best.
    Using Flash for fun and learning.
    www.covenantanimation.com

negativeFlasher
    hmmmmm....where did i come from?
    well basically i had a class called tech team in school, and when i first got flash 5 the teacher, a fellow student, referred me to here to learn...
    basically i came here knowing how to move stuff around....
    then i learned that action script existed, upgrade to MX and wonders happened

i look back at my first attempt to an intro to a site and i think did i actually make that thing???

haha i love it here,
    saved time and effort on lots of learning

thanks to whom it is due!

negativeFlasher
    also...

i really appreciate the standards that has been set up here at FK
    really makes it easy to just well just be here without having to worry about running into anything wrong...

thanks again

Hadn't used Flash since I was taught it in college. Got roped into doing a Flash web based app. for the company I work for. A shockingly easily distracted person, I found myself doing work in between posting here and at newtek, CG Talk, Flash pro, Site point, etc. Now I'm hooked I find it hard to get anything else done lol.

Thanks

Boy, I do't remember what brought me in, but the slowness and overwhelming amount of ads brought me out
    www.ianlabs.com

Flashkit is a great site, not slow over here...

Originally I came for the downloadable movies and soundfx but the value of this forum, i.e. being able to get questions answered by experts for free is my current interest. I think it's a great site and I find that the ads do not slow things down over here, seems pretty fast. I certainly wouldn't worry about any negativity people are providing here, as a former University web design instructor I can tell you that your site is just fine and dandy. Thanks very much for everything you provide, have a pleasant tomorrow.

Started using flash 4 as soon as it was out, for animation.
    First checked out flashkit when I was building an educational game around june 2000, needed some as help- found it here.
    It's hard to deal with some of the questions that are posted in the forums these days- People need to check out tutorials and documentation that comes with the software before posting (!). So, I've found the forums to be of little interest lately.
    Once in a while I check out loops, sfx, etc. - great to have such large collections of material available to browse.
    Seems like a great portal for people just getting in to flash tho.
    cheers
    nosig\

My first time...

Actually I strted frequenting flashkit in early 2000. I got out of the navy and got a job as an applications instructor at a tech school and flash was one of the first apps I picked up. I decided I would see what I could find out on the net about flash and found another site.... I can't remember the name similar to flashkit. I forget the name it was a blue site... that never got updated much. And there I found a link to flash kit. And after 3 years of teaching everything form word to web design to Network engineering I still refer all my students to flashkit. I remember 2advanced version1. Ultrashock before it went live and alot of other now non existant flash comunity sites. Flash kit is still my fav followed closely by Were-here.com and ultrashock.com

And actually I was a regular on the boards for a awhile but haven't posted in about 2 years now. Lol how time flies...

Well thats my rant thenks,
    James Waymire
    Jarlaxil
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFDDBB"]http://Technicalprofessors.smbhost.net/Footer2.swf[/swf]
    Odd.....it used to be here???

My TA for my freshman year in college was featured as a FlashGod or something by flashkit and he showed us in class. Being only a year younger than him, and seein all the cool crap he could do, I figured I'd take a stab at it. And whenever I got into a bind, flashkit has been the answer, especially now that I have a job doin flash 24/7. You dont even have to know flash now to get a job doin flash, you just have to know the basics and know people to help. I figured I'd be a slacker for life but it's weird how you learn things when you do it for so long. I now find myself asking less and helping more. And I think that's why flashkit has and will survive.
    Solo

my uncle told me to come here, he told me there would be sound effects and movies and tutorials and games and all that other stuff... i then found about about the forums, and so i signed up...

i just hang here now,

and thats it........... i think

well, he told me to come here cause i was just a beginner in flash 4... i got better the more i came here... then i moved to flash 5, which is alot more comfortable... i now know alot more than my uncle does in flash 5!!! muah ha ha ha ha ha!! (he does pro. websites too )

and now im hoping to get my hands on flash mx ( and a new computer )

and thats it............ for sure...

but the reason i came to the forums was because i could never find wha i was looking for in the tutorials section and the movies section and the search section thing... and i got hooked in the coffee lounge, but every once in a while, i help the poor and mindless in the general help and the newbies forums...

and thats it............ yes

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Thanks all for keeping this thread sooo great and clean

Who said fallin off of a horse couldn't be an inspiration
    i used to be one of those people who make crappy "homepages" with drag-n-drop web based editors. all my stuff would come out ugly and disorganized. i had no design sense. well somehow my IE5 broke and wouldnt display any kind of java applets which was what the web based editors displayed with. well i was hooked and wanted somethin to make sites with. i did search after search on web based editors. finally i gave up and learned html. nut of course i still wanted more. so i did more search on webdesign stuff and found out about macromedia flash. i downloaded the trial (flash 5) and opened it but was intimidated by its complexity so i immediately closed it. 5 days b4 the end of the trial i opened it again and started to mess with it and learned a bit but then the trial ran out. so i bought and and then i still didnt know crap so i looked up flash stuff online and found FK. and have lived happily ever after
    BLING!

The Great euh eh you know paul67's Avatar
    at the end of 1999 early 2000 it was the only decent flash site around. I've learned a lot here.
    It's still the best flash site around.

keep up the good work

Last edited by paul67; 07-23-2003 at 04:09 AM.
    Paul
    the Netherlands
    Flash Fool
    .. or ..
    fooled flasher

How i found flashkit

I was just a young boy at the time, scared and confused.
    People were pressuring me to try new things...html, photoshop,
    zip drives...you know, that sorta thing.

I never really hung out with that crowd, you know, the computer
    nerds. But then one day something sparked my interest. I don't know what it was, but I just felt like doing something crazy! "All the others were doing it," I remember telling myself. So I said screw it and I gave into peer pressure.

The decisions me make all come back to haunt us. I'm here today to tell you that my handle is VT360....and I am addicted to flashkit

I owe a great debt to the people and posters on Flashkit
    I started knowing only drag and drop HTML using dreamweaver.
    From flashkit i learned flash printed off almost every tutorial on this site pored over the content day and night, and got my first job in the industry. That was 5 years ago. Now im Senior Webdesigner for a company in london, and i still use this site almost every other week. Its a great source of scripts, knowledge, and most importantly talent. The forums are invaluable.