A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Personal website!

Personal website!

Me and my gf want to create our own website, and we want to do something really unique and cool looking...

Do you have any inspiring ideas about design?
    What kind content could we put up?
    Any seen any awesome personal sites?

Thank you my FlashKit community!

Hi, i would say look at what u guys are and do, then base ideas on that

eg. do u read books and spend all day in the library ? or do u skateboard all day in the park?

that in my mind is 2 very different looking sites

try to make the content interesting, fast loading and basicly have the site reflect what u are, keep text short and snappy (interesting)

i find the hardest work is doing my own stuff (takes ages) and even when finished u look at it and say mb..... what about in blue....

hope this help

bp

inspiring ideas may come when looking others' sites, and you'll see that some people have real talents for being innovative From there you can use your imagination and create something very unique! Pay a lot of attention at your graphic files, make them professional-looking and well compressed, otherwise you're wasting your time. Also, don't be in hurry, take all the time in the world if you need it! A little bit of work everyday is the bes way to create a very nice site with much content Have fun!
    On a day like today, everything is possible

yup.. having a look at other's work is always a good idea

just don't get inspired TOO much... in other words, don't rip. it is bad for your health

What moves you?
    For me is movies, music, people playing on the streets, pics, art in general, i would start from there.

Maybe a loveu-loveu site.
    Lol.

Originally posted by DeValco
    inspiring ideas may come when looking others' sites, and you'll see that some people have real talents for being innovative From there you can use your imagination and create something very unique! Pay a lot of attention at your graphic files, make them professional-looking and well compressed, otherwise you're wasting your time. Also, don't be in hurry, take all the time in the world if you need it! A little bit of work everyday is the bes way to create a very nice site with much content Have fun!
    Qst: We get inspired by others creations and designs - but where does their inspiration come from? Does that mean if you need to look at others work to get inspiration, you're really only following the "pack" and not your own initiative? Does that make you a good designer or should u quite ur job and look for something else
    ()""()
    ( ö )
    ()""()

what inspires me is;

when i want an idea, i just go for a walk, look around, and think, how could i make the information as accessable, and simple, almost natural, withought reading too much of the page, or .. it depends, ill play a game of chess, just like.. relax and imagin all the possibilities in your head, it takes a lot less time the redesigning your site 20 times, trust me! just squeeze the hell out of your imagination.. epecially if your gonna be using flash.. you can do whatever you want, practicly, these days. Use your imagination, and figure out how to do it after that step...

shtaM nI knihT...