dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: using scrolling windows in flash...

using scrolling windows in flash...

I am helping a friend in the development of a website that is made in flash. He has done all the flash parts, and he created these windows that can scroll up and down through a .txt file that's on the server. These text files can also read html tags. I need to know how to open a link from these files in a new, smaller window centered on the screen. I know target=_blank works, but I can't do window sizes with that. I tried throwing in a <script> tag for javascript, but I get run time errors because it wont read the code. He said he created these windows using action scripting. Is there any way to do something like I have explained? Thanks for any help!

Banned
    You have to use an "a href" tag in the text file, calling a javascript opening popup function, as you would find here...

http://www.flash-db.com/PopUp/

I've tried a whole bunch of things in the text file but nothing has worked correctly. The closest I came was by doing something like <a href="javascript:window.open('something.html')"> and that works for bringing open the new window, but my originial page goes blank and then says [object]. I've tried some variations that I found on the web with no luck. If I use the code from that site, where would I put that in the href tag? What would I have to put under <a href="">? I've also tried doing <a href="#" onCLick="window.open..."> and whatever I put in href is what the link refers to. Let me know if anyone has any ways to solve this.