Hi there,

I've been poring through these forums and have found them really helpful but still have a couple of questions about loading in external swfs.

sorry ... I can tell it's becoming a bit of a tired topic.

As a new-head I'm trying to keep things relatively simple. I have a blank main movie, into which I've loaded in my menubar and homepage animation using 'loadMovie' as a frame action. From here the plan is to load my pages 'onRelease' of the menubar buttons. As I understand it from what's been written, this is alot better for 56k users in terms of breaking up the download.

My questions to the mighty panel are :

1. My individual pages, for good reason, have large images on them. I've put a pre-loader at the beginning of each page but don't like the flow of that too much. I wondered if there was a way to intelligently preload them ... ie. while the user is reading one static section, use the spare bandwidth to work on the next ?

I read a long thread about streaming bugs with the Flash 6 player that seemed to suggest that once you begin loading something, it's progress cannot be stopped. If that's still true it looks like an obstacle.

2. Well, perhaps an alternative ... could the large images be pre-loaded (intelligently ... with background spare bandwidth again) though some shared library thus making the swfs. smaller ?

3. A simple one. If you import an swf to level 1 and then another to level 2 is there any way to preserve the transparency in the imported swfs. so that you can see the movie playing underneath ?

Sorry about the mammoth essay. Just trying to be concise.

Thanks in advance to anyone for taking up the mantle.

cheers

morg.