A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: me first flash website

me first flash website

Please have a look at me first flash website. It's still in Beta, with a few pictures missing, and a couple of rough edges, but I rather like it...
    I'm wondering whether I'm going to need a preloader too...?

Nuff Respeck to all the kind people on the boards who've got me this far, and did I mention Flashkit rules?
    cheers
    jamie

http://www.smash-grab.com/

wiggle your jiggle TrytoAnimate's Avatar
    Hey there.

Not bad for your first flash site. I would definitely recommend a pre-loader or something in going from page to page. Also, you might want to make the images a little crisper. I know, flash is all about image compression and smaller files, but I think when you're showcasing your own work you want it as clear as can be. Keep at it!

Navigation Nazi
    The navigation is downright arcaic. The icons, I don't think, add anything to the feel you're going for. It's alright though if it's not a commercial website.

I don't care for the font you use in your text, although the headline font is cool. Also, don't make them choose html vs flash. Put a flash movie with one command that says, go to a new web page. Put a command in your HTML that says to go to a new web page after 3 seconds. If they don't have flash, the html command will be carried out.

:: Design Simplicity CEO
    Ha! Well, you certainly beat out my first flash site.

You have a good techno concept, but not a very good application. Learn how to do more complex transitions and perhaps look around some sites and do some studying on space usage/layout. I like the idea, keep working with it.

Very good for a first time flash site.
    Joshua Taylor
    :: Design Simplicity
    http://dsimplicity.com

Thanks for your comments!
    I spent the last few days getting over that "my first preloader" struggle, jazzed up a few other bits n pieces, and I'm happy now (for the time being, anyway) ....
    cheers
    jamie

great first try. good to see another post production junkie, with too much time because the biz is slow, on the site (i'm an editor). i'm working on my second. actionscript is interesting to say the least.