A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Instatel.ca

Instatel.ca

I built a new site for my boss and his company. Instatel.ca. I added some flash to it, but found that it is bogging down the site for people with dial-up connections. So I'm revamping that site to remove the flash from it and I'm creating a totally separate site done entirely in Flash. This way people with broadband connections can choose the Flash site, and people with dial-up can choose the html site.

Anyways, tell me what you think of the Flash site. It's still in development so right now the only links that work are the ones on the main navigation bar, and the ticker bar. But from that I think you'll get a general idea of how the rest of the site is going to come together.

http://www.instatel.ca/temp/flash/index.html

Thanks,

-MAD

I like it, nice site so far! Colors are good, Nav is good, transitions are good. My only suggestion would be to use a bitmap font for the smaller content text, which is a bit blurry due to the anti-aliasing. A bitmap font will clean it up and make it nice and crisp. Other than that, nice work.

- Jeff

Thanks Promasher.

I have made a small adjustment to the transitions. Instead of just fading in and out, the differnt parts fly in while fading in as well.

The movie doesn't start for me - the page loads and there's a blank .swf centred in the page, but nothing happens.

Mac OS 9.2.2 IE 5.1

Go on, give mine a quick check...

It should work. You probably hit it while it was uploading or something. Try again.

Flash Addict

Your site

Hi

I V.liked your site..
    great looking..good colours..interface shape..

In my opinion though..i would use a verdana device font for clarity..dont like the over aliased look with Flash..
    Also i think if instead of the alpha tween on the products section it would be cool if you flashed each image over a few key frames (like image there on frame 1, then no image frame 2, then there again on frame 3 & then gone on 4 etc ..all in a a split second)
    Nice effect especially when the frame rate of the movie is about 20 fps.
    I Especially liked what i didnt see..loading animations because there was no waiting..V.Nice indeed.(i am on adsl though)

Overall I really liked it good corporate looking site..well made
    All the best
    Lee

Changed all the main body text to system fonts like suggested. Tweaked some of the transistions a bit. Dropped the file size by 30KB. Modified the preloader slightly for a more accurate reading.

Flash Addict
    Device font look much..much better.. in my opinion i would do all the text links the lot.

What about that product idea.. i think it would really work..especially as the images are on a white background..mayb its me get over excited..

Lee

I have a similar idea for the products and services page, but as a mouse over instead. It will briefly flash a translucent white silouhet of the product link shape a few times before staying.

And if you look closely it's actually not white, it's an off white. The hex code is #F0F0F0. It's basically 50% of #CCCCCC, which is the lightest gray you can pick in Flash.

yeah its good man, but theres a little too much space in the news bit at the bottom imo

Originally posted by disorda
    yeah its good man, but theres a little too much space in the news bit at the bottom imo
    Where on the Home page, or in the news page?

If you're talking about the news window on the bottom of the Home page, that's because I'm not sure of the size of the content yet. Notice the sample article clips. I'll probably end up putting a scroll pane in there.