dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Using Flash 5, I need help...

Using Flash 5, I need help...

Greetings.

1. Can you guys suggest me any FREE pixel fonts which works well in Flash? All the gaps in my pixel fonts keep filling in and don't show up well. Therefore I would appreciate it if any of you people can suggest or perhaps recommend me a few free pixel fonts. And please specify the URL too. Thanks in advance.

2. How do I make this motion tween effect? What I am saying is like an object moves fast then towards the end it slows down and finally stops. A good example of this effect can be found at http://www.geocities.com/miyagiofflash/main.htm
    Look at the left, notice the words "Wear Designs" on the top and click contact. After the button is clicked, the words "Wear Designs" will slide to the right quickly, then towards the end it will slow down and stops eventually. How do I do this? I would appreciate it if you guys can post an example .fla file.

3. How do I make a few objects float around my movie in random directions? For example, I would like to make a few dry leaves to fly around in all directions (appear similar to being blown by wind)throughout my entire movie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly,
    Alvin Tan.
    You have just read one of Alvin Tan's award-winning posts.

http://www.dsg4.com/04/extra/bitmap/

Set your movie to 24 or 36 fps. Place an object on stage at frame 1. Insert a keyframe on frame 8 and move the object 10 pixels. Create a tween with easing IN 100. Insert another keyframe on frame 12 and move the object along 10 pixels short of it's final position. Create a tween with easing OUT 100. Insert a final keyframe on frame 20. Move the object 10 pixels and create a tween with easing IN 100.
    (Not sure if this is what you're after cause the link you gave didn't work. However these are good motion grahic principles you should know).

Actionscript, there are loads of tutorials about scripted motion, do a search, if you're still stuck I'll give you a few pointers.

Good luck

Ian

thanks for the help on the motion tween.
    can i do the same at the usual 12 fps?
    or can i make a single movie clip alone which is particularly 36fps and the rest of the .fla movie 12 fps?

Milk n' 2 shugaz Paleez. Sven Texas's Avatar
    as far as I know you can only have 1 framespeed per .swf, a "master speed" if you will...

Originally posted by ealvintan
    thanks for the help on the motion tween.
    can i do the same at the usual 12 fps?
    or can i make a single movie clip alone which is particularly 36fps and the rest of the .fla movie 12 fps?
    Never use 12 fps because this is too slow to trick the eye into thinking that it's seeing smooth motion.

24, 30, 36 fps are standard framerates for motion graphics and if you're looking to make something smooth you'll have to use these higher values.

Ian

okay. thanks a lot about the fps.
    now anymore FREE flash pixel/bitmap font to recommend?

oh yeah and Ian, can you please provide a little more information on the actionscript you were mentioning?

thanks to all who have helped.

Here's a little example for you to study

Ian
    Attached Files Attached Files