A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Advanced Preloader - If Frames Loaded seperate swf

Is it possible to call the "If Frames Loaded" action to detect whether a different swf file has been loaded?

Example: I have a swf file that I would like to use to show a loading bar and provide navigation control for another swf movie that I would like to load on top of the first movie. The parent.swf file needs to determine "If Frames Loaded" for the last frame of the child.swf so that my preloader shows loading progress of the child.swf.

Any suggestions?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You can send the main movie to a frame with a stop action in it and have the swf that is being loaded have a pre loader in it and when it sees that all its frames have loaded have a command that tells level0 goto X frame. I have had no joy with the getproperty command in the if statement. So that is the solution I have come up with. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Thanks, Bill.

So to clarify, in your scenario the preloader with a loading bar is in the child.swf . Is that correct? I'm trying to develop a generic swf with a loading bar that reflects the movie being loaded and also has navigation that controls the movie being loaded. I'm sure the navigation can work, it's the preloader that sounds like a struggle.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Thats right the child has the preloader in it. I cant get that stupid get property to work in the levels. You would think it would work but... Regards,Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>