dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eye-Pain

try looking away and looking at an object for about 20 seconds every 30 minutes - it helps your pupils see better

Say Hello to my little friend. pimpjacksmack's Avatar
    Originally posted by breadlegs
    mine hurt too, i'm going outside in the sun
    What is this "sun" you speak of?

i got a pretty beefy graphics card, and my moniter is a 19" lg

the refresh is at 85hz

so i dont think thats the problem
    freshly squeezed media

not sure if it is related but I remember a guy back in my Computer Science course at uni -- he had to take a lot of days off because his eyes were allergic to the monitor?

those migraines are called opthalmic migraines.
    research it on google.
    They are nothing to do with your eyes but to do with your brain.
    basically eat less chocolate milk and meats, take a ten minute break every 20mins AWAY FROM THE SCREEN.
    When you feel the 'heat' fom the screen put up a sheet of paper and you will instantly feel the coolness.
    Thats microwaving your braincells.

I suffer from them and am having a brain scan soon because it happened when i am away from the screen once too and left me looking out thru frost covered eyeballs. Or at least thats how it seemed..

The further you are from the monitor the better, get something to cut down the glare and rays, dont stare too long and take breaks often.

shaf

Originally posted by skierbit
    Ughh, I read this thread like a week ago, and my eyes had NEVER hurt before! Now I am getting migrain sort of things in my eyes! *doubles over in pain* I think mine might be that my nephew stepped on my glasses recently and so I havent been wearing them. And I am viewing an LCD for like 10 hrs a day
    and that would be your cue to go to the doctor! Unless anyone here has an MD they're not telling us about, you can only take message board advice so far.

Change the style you view flash kit in as well.. I've got mine set to Jambletan - much easier on the eye and you don't get people asking you what that bright yellow site you look at all the time is...

An LCD will help reduce eye strain, but if it's out of your budget, following el-Ignoramus' advice may help. If you light up the wall behind the monitor, your eyes will not tire as quickly - the contrast between light and shadow will be more gradual and gentler on the eyes.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    OK everyone one, move along, nothing to see here.

(Especially true, as since this thread was started in 2003, n-gen has gone blind).
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Problem solved!

2 years on and ive got myself enough cash together and bought a 19" iiyama TFT.

Its great.

Thanks for the help.
    freshly squeezed media

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    It's a miracle!
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I use dual 19" CRT monitors. One for each eye. Never had a problem. But the 6 cooling fans in the tower down by my right knee have made me go deaf. My ears ring all the time now, and I get ear infections on a regular basis.