A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sod Off 2!

Sod Off 2!

Ok, I made one post but tried to upload the swf and lost everything I typed so this oen will be shorter... Sod off 2 is doing well but I have questions... The swf is now attached in a zip...

1)
    I want to make a variable for teh speed of the car. I want your speed to effect the speed of other things moving beside your car. I thinking I add the cars speed to things coming at you you (the left) and subtract your speed form cars moving in front of you (the right). I'm not quite sure how to do this. I was thinking sped would be changed with up and down arrows but thats a little close to the mouse...

2)
    I don't really have room for a speedometer so I was thinking about giving an audio cue with the sound of an engine running. I would get louder as you raise your speed. I have no clue how to do this.

3)
    How do I make a more realistic arm, like the great one in the chicken wars game?

4)
    I want to show a movie clip the displays your progress as your driving, I'm thinking this will bea 30second straightaway I don't feel like fiddling with turns... I'm might be able to cook something up for this but I want to here some ways to do it before I try, Ganguro Billy taught me how ridiculously hard it is to figure out some of things I want to do...

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmm

any coments or pointers would be appreciated...

Driving ? Car ? Speed... all i see is a tree moving across the screen - i think im missing something...

fracture2 - the sequel
    fracture - retro shooter
    blog - games, design and the rest

"2D is a format, not a limitation" -Luis Barriga

Sorry If I wasn't that clear. Your driving in a car looking out the driver side window (I'm from the US, so thats out the left side)You doing a drive by shooting, it doesn't look like that? I'm going to add clouds and hills too. I've updated Sod Off 2, adding the first enemies, i'll attach it. Thanks for the response,I hope this clears things up so I can get some help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It does indeed make more sense now, and the hills etc will show that - however your new zip file is 'not a valid archive'...

fracture2 - the sequel
    fracture - retro shooter
    blog - games, design and the rest

"2D is a format, not a limitation" -Luis Barriga

you'd probably get more responses if you posted the .swf somewhere. i know at least i dont download zips.

Sorry

http://www.geocities.com/nsevangelion/sodoff2.swf
    Theres a link to the swf, my comp froze while I was uplaoding last time. Its a lot easier for me to attach the zip than it is to upload the swf and and then link to it. I didn't really think people would dl it, but I guess I'll just do this in the future. Why can't you just attach swfs?

Well if anyone is still interested in helping me... Here is a newer version.

www.goecities.com/nsevangelion/sodoff2.html