A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Video site check plz

the man without the plan

Video site check plz

Hi,

I just finished a Flash-website with A LOT of video in it.
    You can find the site at
    http://www.kaos-films.com.
    Could you give me your humble opinion on it and if you discover any bugs, please let me know!

Thanks a lot guys!

It's a very good site. I have a question for u though. In the video file, how did u get the movies to load so fast. I'm sure they were large files. I've made an intro with just 6 pics, and the file size was 1mb.

really nice!

proficiat!

the man without the plan

About the video size

Originally posted by CaramelSOsweet
    In the video file, how did u get the movies to load so fast. I'm sure they were large files. I've made an intro with just 6 pics, and the file size was 1mb.
    All video was edited in Final Cut and exported as 720 x 576 full quality video, because we also made a DVD for this client with the same videos in it. Then we ran all videos through Sorenson Squeeze, to make it SWF's. It's a little tricky to find the ideal settings, but now the quality seems OK and the filesize of the videos is between 2 and 31 MB.
    So that brings us to the next problem: bandwidth and webspace. To stream 31 MB at a reasonable speed and to stock 260MB of movies isn't that obvious, so we had to search for a fast hosting, the server makes a lot of difference in downloadspeed! Now we're running a Linux server with 1.5GB of space and a 1.5Mbps connection.
    For your pics, have you checked their properties in the library? Don't use the "use document default quality" option, instead, give every pic their own quality and use the test button to see what the compression does to your image, you can also see the filesize there, it'll probably be a lot less...

Hope this helps you out!

Greetings,