A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My site

My site

Well this is the template for an artists website. I used a current artist as the substitute until I get the files needed to change it over the the artist who is going to use it.

What do you think? I'm not pro material, but I'm learning.

http://skillsoverskills.com/Flashdes...t1/artist.html
    Last edited by CaramelSOsweet; 06-18-2003 at 01:55 AM.

The file named'background.jpg' must be huge! It took almost 39% of your preloader. Perhaps some compression is in order...just a thought.

As for the 'banner' on the site, the only thing that changes is the title (eg. Home, News, Bio, etc.) Rather than loading an entirely new banner each time a user navigates to a different area, why not just load a new 'title'. After all, the image for the banner is the same regardless.

The color scheme is kewl, though perhaps you should consider eliminating the empty 'block' at the bottom of the site (right above where it says 2003|Natasha. To give some balance, use a graphic of similar shape to your banner, but invert it horizontally and vertically.

I'm on DSL and load times were long given the amount of content. I'm not sure why quite frankly.

Over all I think there's a ton of potential here. It's clean, easy to navigate and a good starting place for a hybrid site.

Good Luck!

Blue

Good preloader! - nice graphic! BUT VERY LONG!

Nice girls in intro ! I think that this site must have more coloures!