A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to import vectorial stuff?

How to import vectorial stuff?

Hi all,

I'm trying to animate a logo of a customer (vector logo), and to import it in 3D Flash Animator as anything (paint, 3d object or what), is it possible??

I tried the cut&paste, importing a psd with a shape or a path, importing a swf from flash5, version 1 to 5 (some shapes are missing, and I cant animate with effects each shape separately), ...

I'v this logo in eps or ai format.
    I try to find some software to 'convert' it in 3d shapes (wrl) but the softs I found with this feature are so expensive ...

Any help is welcome, thx

The only way I've done it is to import a WMF into Swish and then export as SWF, then import that SWF and extract the vector image from the movie. I have suggested to 3DFA having a WMF import, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be supported as when you try to import a WMF directly it crashes 3DFA rather than giving an error.

is it not possible to rebuild it in 3dfa?
    then you have all the possibilities to animate the logo.
    Bruno

www.tonetube.ch

Re: How to import vectorial stuff?

Originally posted by Gast00n
    Hi all,

I'm trying to animate a logo of a customer (vector logo), and to import it in 3D Flash Animator as anything (paint, 3d object or what), is it possible??

I tried the cut&paste, importing a psd with a shape or a path, importing a swf from flash5, version 1 to 5 (some shapes are missing, and I cant animate with effects each shape separately), ...

I'v this logo in eps or ai format.
    I try to find some software to 'convert' it in 3d shapes (wrl) but the softs I found with this feature are so expensive ...

Any help is welcome, thx
    You'll need to get it into 3ds format at the very least.

If you contact me directly I can help you with this
    bret@bretlanius.com

If you have WMF files that do not import properly, or crash on import, then please send them to

support@3dfa.com

We are currently working on SVG import - should be available before the next release.

Thanks

Originally posted by RobStewart
    If you have WMF files that do not import properly, or crash on import, then please send them to

support@3dfa.com

We are currently working on SVG import - should be available before the next release.

Thanks
    Yeah baby!