A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Active / Dinamic menus

Active / Dinamic menus

hi, I'm trying to make a flash file where I have a list of options (topics) and when i place the mouse cursor on top of one of them or click on one of them, a list of contents of that topic appears, and then I need to be able to click on (or place the mouse on top of) one of the listed items of the contents list of the selected topic and it should display the info on that item. All of this in the same frame. I've been trying to do it by creating buttons and setting up their properties (UP, OVER, DOWN, HIT) but the problem with this is that the moment i set the mouse cursor anywhere else different that the button the information disappears.

To give you a more clear view of what i'm trying to do, imagine something like the windows Start Button Menu, where you can choose Programs or Settings, etc, and it shows you the contents of that (ex. in programs Macromedia, or in Settings Control Panel, etc), and then you can go and choose Macromedia, and then Flash, or settings and then Control Panel.
    That's the idea.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT, PLEASE GIVE ME A HAND.

THANKS A LOT
    Gabe

this would be accomplished by the use of actions script i believe there are a few examples in the movies section of the webpage.