A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: event files to trade.......

event files to trade.......

Just downloaded the new version of 3dfa, WOW!!!

Any way I was wondering if anyone had any event files to trade, heres one I call acid_reflux to get started on.............

http://members.aol.com/lucky13thday/movie_12.html

Just unzip it to an events folder(show, hide, move), and it will show up in the options for that event, I put it in 'move' myself, 'ping' was looking real lonely there by itself. If it looks like its working funny, double check to make sure you've found the center point of your element.

-Jason
    Attached Files Attached Files

welcome back

Where have you been hiding?

Nice effect. I made a script file too that has some usefull functions.

Jason you do know we have a file area on Deadyeti right?

I took the liberty of adding it to the files download link:
    http://deadyeti.com/files/files.php?func=fileinfo&id=60
    Last edited by blanius; 06-25-2003 at 08:35 AM.

Not really been hiding, just been really busy with alot of other things. I kinda got roped into working for a local band doing flyers, logo designs, etc. and that led to work with other bands(it happens that way sometimes ). Anyway that's been eating up alot of my time, and then there's the kids..............

I didn't realize how out touch I'd been till I went to the 3dfa site and they had an official release of version 4(release 3!!!). There are too many improvents to comment on. I'll be spending the next few weeks simply getting a feel of the workings again. I love the fact that you can write an event and share it with others. I have a feeling that this will lead to many good things(kinda like plug-ins for photoshop only with 3dfa ).

BTW, do you know if/how you can add a new category to to the events folder? I'd like to set up an 'effects' folder. To hold all the events that aren't really hide/show/move.

-Jason

This is a good idea for a thread.

I wonder if creating a new directory in the "EVENTS" folder will do what you want?
    My Sites: Gaming Site Nightshade Studios MyKM Tutorials

--------------------------------------------------
    What I'm using: Gimp, Koolmoves, Sepy, HTML-Kit, Inkscape

Originally posted by dniezby
    This is a good idea for a thread.

I wonder if creating a new directory in the "EVENTS" folder will do what you want?
    I tried that, didn't work. Also I may be going about it wrong, but I can't seem to be able to right click and view/edit the source for the program in version 4.

-Jason

New Event

Was fooling around tonight, and came up with this one. I call it 'BeeLine'...................

http://members.aol.com/lucky13thday/movie_19.html

......what it basically does is scales some text down into a horizontal rule(of sorts). It's set up to scale it completely off the screen(this keeps the line from looking jaggedy<----is that a word?). If you'll need it to work differently than that you'll need to add a mask, or block it off some other way.

*if the line looks jagged increase the 'x' scale

** to make the line thicker increase the 'y' scale(this may make the line jagged looking, see above)

...........Enjoy!

-Jason

Just a little feedback..

The b-line movie does not display properly on my screen of 1280 x 960.. Consequently I'm thinkin you may have problems with different user setups re: resolution. Of course it could be my problem.

flashenstein, I did not have a problem viewing it. I have found, however, that my computer uninstalls flash by mistake when I empty the MSIE cache. I have to go to Macromedia to reinstall when that happens. Other than that I have had no problems viewing the b-line example (or acid_reflux for that matter).

FORGOT TO MENTION:

For you, zoranvedek, I was able to make sense of the example events and turn them into show and hide versions. I also saved a copy of the original acid_reflux as a move event.
    Last edited by JSDvs9172; 06-28-2003 at 07:23 PM.

well sure enough now I can view the b-line example.. I don't know there seemed to be a problem with the speed.. I guess I was not patient enough to see the effect. anywho..

Originally posted by JSDvs9172

For you, zoranvedek, I was able to make sense of the example events and turn them into show and hide versions. I also saved a copy of the original acid_reflux as a move event.
    I was seriously thinking of doing that myself, especially with the 'BeeLine' event. After I posted it, I got to thinking that it would be handy to have it broken up(an out and a return)to use with mouse overs etc..................

If you have the time, go ahead and post them that way. It would save me the effort of breaking them apart later .......

-Jason

Thanks for the idea. Here is the package:

hates sounds in preloaders.
    Hey, i made a thread similar to this one! ...About four weeks ago

Been away for a while but i'm back. Is there a new beta now? *looking*
    hurg.

Joel, at last count we had release 3 out for 3DFA v4.

hates sounds in preloaders.
    Oh gee

Just downloaded it. Like the new arc tool.
    hurg.