A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: browser conflict

Autorun CD + browser conflict

Hi
    In my autorun CD, ShelExec opens index.html file. Then index.html checks for browser versions and flash plugin and opens new window of actual presentation.
    This works fine with the machines whoes default browser is InternetExplorer.
    1)But if machine has netscape as default browser then it opens the index file twice and one actual presentation window.(3 windows total)

2)This is also strange when index file opens with netscape it always opens next window in IE only.

Plz Guide....
    Last edited by dipkya; 06-25-2003 at 07:07 AM.
    dipkya
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    SO MUCH HAVE TO DO, SO LITTLE HAS DONE!

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I'm guessing that you are using SWF Studio as you are using ShellExec. If you are, read on, if you aren't, ignore this post and tell me that I am an idiot.

Running your SWF Studio projector will install the Flash Player for you so it is kinf of pointless to detect if it is installed. It sounds like your problem lies in your script that detects if the Flash player is there so if you get rid of it, all of your problems should be fixed. If you have any other questions, there is an SWF Studio message board available at http://www.northcode.com/forums/

Jason
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    I think he's probably using the shelexec (http://www.naughter.com/shelexec.html) utility (or something similar) not SWF Studio. In either case when IE and NS fight over the .HT* extensions and who is the default browser, you're going to run into problems like this.

I'm not sure what the ultimate answer/workaround is for this unless it's something like finding out which browser is the default and making sure that browser is also registered to handle the default browser extensions (in case the other one has grabbed them).

Yes Northcode I am not using SWF studio
    Coz I am much familiar with that, you know that
    ShellExec is an different programm which runs by Autorun and opens index.html ,since this presentation is old ,we kept it as it is.
    And saw this problem recently. Since we have not solved this..
    I am thinking to redone the exe in SWF studio..Lets see.

Thanx anyways !!
    dipkya
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    SO MUCH HAVE TO DO, SO LITTLE HAS DONE!