A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

I'm making a cd presentation in flash, the main index file is an exe but all the externals are all swf's... is there a way for flash to detect if a PC has no flash plugin and automatically it will pop up a message saying 'click here to upload flash plugin' that is located on my flash plugin folder...

some of you will say why dont I use director, well I dont know how to use Director and I dont have the cash to buy that kind of a software

I'm pretty sure the projector doesn't need the Flash plugin to run, and if you load all of the .swf's through the projector, it should be fine. Have you tried it yet?

yeah I did but its waaay to heavy its heaving a hard time loading on slow PC's eats lots of resources, that's the reason I chopped it to pieces...I already distributed the cd's and I heard complains that nothings is happening once its loaded, works fine on other PC's so I concluded probably you still need a plugin even though the main index is already in projector, but all the externals are not...I maybe wrong though...