A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: eyeblaster/transparency question

eyeblaster/transparency question

I've got a transparency question, it should be an easy one!!
    I have a simple flash animation created. I just need to know how to export/html so that the background will be transparent and set the x,y to where I want it placed on the page. (I'm assuming I just use dhtml to set the coordinates to place it on the page) but how do I make sure the flash movie is transparent?? - window mode??

thanks!

Hi Jeannek,
    I also had this question when I was adding Flash to an HTML page. If you are using Dreamweaver, there is an option for this in the properties list. Just select the flash and adjust the bg color in the properties list. Here is an example code:

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="136" height="165">
    <param name="movie" value="../Flash/yourfile.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high"><param name="BGCOLOR" value="c7bca4">
    <embed src="../Flash/yourfile.swf" width="136" height="165" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="c7bca4"></embed>
    </object>

Hope that this answers your question!

In Flash, under the Publish Settings > HTML > Window Mode , select "Transparent Windowless"

or u can just add in this parameter in the html file:
    PARAM NAME... wmode=transparent ...