A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: avionics.flashlevel.com - by Flashlevel!

I can't help but notice that more emphasis was placed on special effects than the information itself.

i love the nav bar... others seem fine
    my msn : meilind4@hotmail.com

yeah the content are could be bigger but somehow i like it like that, fits the site.

The width of the site is actually perfect for its contents. If we would have made it any bigger, there would have been empty spots in certain areas of the site.

Gloomycus,

true, we focused more on the flash part of the site, the contents are pretty straight forward and easily accessible per our client's request.

-Dash
    Dash / FL

the navigation is very nice. Flashlevel - For the navigation, were scenes used, load/unload movies and/or target buttons. Aside from the effects my interest is in the subnavigation and your hit spots and how the expanding level block and your subnav buttons work. Very nice stuff.

it doesnt work in safari. looks great in explorer though.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by Xample
    it doesnt work in safari. looks great in explorer though.
    I'm not knocking other browsers, just curious, do you regularly use multiple browsers or where you just testing the site in other browsers to see if it worked? also why would you use inferior browsers to do your surfing, surely it is better to just stick to one, the one that is the best at formatting web content?

I tend to only test on internet explorer for mac and pc. If it works in both of those that's nearly always good for me.

Netscape is at what, 4% of users now? And safari, must be less than 1%. Correct me if Im wrong.

Originally posted by nevil
    I'm not knocking other browsers, just curious, do you regularly use multiple browsers or where you just testing the site in other browsers to see if it worked? also why would you use inferior browsers to do your surfing, surely it is better to just stick to one, the one that is the best at formatting web content?
    Yup, I use mutliple browsers, and with good reason. By the way, what are your requirements for 'Inferior'? That's a pretty bold statement to make. A product that holds the most market share does not mean that it's the best product on the market. I'll tell you this; there are many elements to Safari that Explorer doesnt provide. Safari is also more efficient. Just because you don't use it, don't hate it. I just thought it would be nice to let dude know his site doesnt work in Safari.

Originally posted by thgsnhrmny
    Accually the eye can see up to or over 200 fps
    Yeh, eyes are the definition of optical so there is no limit...

Things appear smooth at around 75fps, that is with a fast shutter speed (if talking about video). Slower shutter speeds make things appear smoother at lower fps...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by Xample
    Yup, I use mutliple browsers, and with good reason. By the way, what are your requirements for 'Inferior'? That's a pretty bold statement to make. A product that holds the most market share does not mean that it's the best product on the market. I'll tell you this; there are many elements to Safari that Explorer doesnt provide. Safari is also more efficient. Just because you don't use it, don't hate it. I just thought it would be nice to let dude know his site doesnt work in Safari.
    haha, typical for comments to be taken the wrong way and blown out of proportion, this is why most of the time I choose not to give my opinion on things and take part, who said I hated any browser, I am sure I could not muster those kind of emotions for a piece of software, could you?...

this is the way I see browsers, they are all pretty much free to download and use so market share has nothing to do with it, if one does the job better than others then when cost is not an issue why not choose the best one, fancy features might be great but all i care about is that my browser properly displays EVERY single site I visit and explorer does this, I don't care if microsoft are monopolising, some people go with other browsers just to be anti-microsoft! I just want to do my job.

Originally posted by nevil
    haha, typical for comments to be taken the wrong way and blown out of proportion, this is why most of the time I choose not to give my opinion on things and take part, who said I hated any browser, I am sure I could not muster those kind of emotions for a piece of software, could you?...

this is the way I see browsers, they are all pretty much free to download and use so market share has nothing to do with it, if one does the job better than others then when cost is not an issue why not choose the best one, fancy features might be great but all i care about is that my browser properly displays EVERY single site I visit and explorer does this, I don't care if microsoft are monopolising, some people go with other browsers just to be anti-microsoft! I just want to do my job.
    right, you just said it's inferior. i see, there's a difference between hate and bash. that's cool. i vote for quick efficient loads, and features that make my travels easier. safari wins in that category hands down. when safari has a hiccup it's not hard to launch explorer. My experience is that explorer has more hiccups than safari. so that's my choice. hey, i don't knock you for using explorer. i used it for years. i still use it to test sites. but in the end, safari has made my life much easier. i can see that 'e' right now, staring at me, next to the little safari guy. oh poor 'e' doesnt get as much use anymore. i'll make it up to him. nahhh.

By the way, Microsoft decided to stop developing IE for Mac, so sooner or later you'll have to start testing on Safari to guarantee your small market mac users can see your work.

SPAMMER
    great, great website. One of the most inspirational pieces i have seen for ages. FlashLevel, top marks!

Guess What
    nice cool colors, i agree with others narrow may be it looks better this way.

you've asked for it don't be pissed