A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: avionics.flashlevel.com - by Flashlevel!

could be doen in photoshop but I don't think this was, I'll stick with combustion I think.

you could do a very toned down version of it in flash, but theres alot of details that you wouldnt be able to get...

its hard to tell because the animation is so quick but theres alot more going on then just a few shape tweens

Flashkit's personal pest flashpest's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    there would be probably 20-30 images in the sequence I imagine, they're all small and reused multiple times, it wouldn't add that much.
    I don't think they are reused - each image has its own specific blur pattern. I wonder if this is a script. If it is, I want it bad!

Alright! Would the creator please come forward and help us out here?!

Originally posted by flashpest
    I don't think they are reused - each image has its own specific blur pattern. I wonder if this is a script. If it is, I want it bad!

Alright! Would the creator please come forward and help us out here?!
    I don't see it, I just see an animation used as many times as there are buttons. This is definitely a bitmap animation, no tweening involved, no script can produce this!

aversion is right...its an animation done in either after effects or combusiton and saved as a jpeg sequence. not hard at all to understand the logic of it...not getitng thosee results, thats another story. i'm sure it took them some tweaking to get that nice look. well worth the time though, very cool stuff.

Yes, you are right - but now I have it all figured out: All it is is a linear movie clip which goes to the next picture every time you click a button - even if it is the same button. The pictures are not specific to each page.

Aversion - do you have any suggestions for an image transition system for 500+ images? Something different. I'm stumped.

just for clarity I'm talking about the slick little button transition, not the main image transition.

yea, i think flashpest is confused now.

lol wow thats sucks
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

Effects were done in After Effects

combustion

definitely no scripting for those transitions. i looked in my cache and the file with the main transitions is about 1.8 megs. so no scripting there. pure bitmap goodness

Originally posted by stevietat2
    definitely no scripting for those transitions. i looked in my cache and the file with the main transitions is about 1.8 megs. so no scripting there. pure bitmap goodness
    Bitmap Goodness. That's funny as hell. But no one has answered my question for the love of God! DOES anyone have any ideas about a new image transition system? I need some ideas for a Tattoo shop I'm doing site for with over 500 images. I need some fresh ideas. I WILL credit you.

no...nobody has any new ideas...what do you think we are...designers or something??

Originally posted by versatilemotion
    no...nobody has any new ideas...what do you think we are...designers or something??
    For all that is good one the Earth yes! I count on Flashkit. Not any other Godforesaken Flash forum on the globe - just here. I put in my 2 cents whenever I can and hardly ever ask for help nor guidance. The one time I need it, I can't squeeze a scant morsel of knowledge.

I'm just busting chops anyway, juat trying to see if there are some fresh ideas out there. Credit will be given - more than you actually think.

hey flashpest maybe you should try and post a new thread here at cool sites called something like "looking for sites with huge image galleries". i think you would get more feedback in your own thread that by trying to turn this one into your own. people come here to comment on the avionics site and are not interested in talking about something else, just my advice

accually i doubt any program but photoshop and flash was used for the transitions, when u click a radial blurred image of the first image is made visible and the diamons that come in could be done by shape tweening them in.
    - Invulse v1. Genesis .. http://www.invulse.com .. -Chris

Originally posted by thgsnhrmny
    accually i doubt any program but photoshop and flash was used for the transitions, when u click a radial blurred image of the first image is made visible and the diamons that come in could be done by shape tweening them in.
    for the image transitions I agree.

we were talking about the button animations being done as bitmaps created in combustion (maybe after effects) and imported into flash.

Originally posted by aversion
    created in combustion (maybe after effects)
    Favour for Combustion wavering eh

never heard about combustion, what is it? is it good?