A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Client issues

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar

Client issues

I have a problem with a client. They got me to design them a site. The provided me with some content (about 20% of total content) but hasnt sent the rest through. They've ignored all my e-mails asking for it. This has been going on for 2 or 3 months. I'm considering cutting my losses.

Should I or not?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Did you give them a call? Are they within 'walking' distance? Do you have a contract? Did they pay any money up front?

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Ironically they're the last client I did work for before getting a contract. I've done work for them before and never had problems with them, so I also didnt take a deposit.

The money isnt the issue, I could care less about it to be frank, I would just like to kill this project as quickly as possibly without losing a client.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Originally posted by Napalm
    Ironically they're the last client I did work for before getting a contract. I've done work for them before and never had problems with them, so I also didnt take a deposit.

The money isnt the issue, I could care less about it to be frank, I would just like to kill this project as quickly as possibly without losing a client.
    It sounds like you could have lost them already.

I think you should send a polite email asking them if the work is o go ahead or is it on hold for the time being. If you get no reply, cut your losses and get out.
    Living the dream

Napalm, never work without a contract. No matter how many times you've worked for them in the past. I have contracts with good friends of mine who I work for. It's a good habit to get into and the safest way to ensure that you can earn a living in this business. I know from experience. I think many of us do, as I'm sure we've all been burned at least once already. Sorry this is happening to you, but there's really not much more you can do except for taking Razor's suggestion about emailing them nicely. They have no legal financial obligation to you. Sucks.