2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows CE

1 50.00%
  • Palm OS

1 50.00%

Thread: What is better - Win CE or Palm OS

Blue Haired Muppet

What is better - Win CE or Palm OS

What is better and why? Windows CE or the Palm OS (color)?

Blue Haired Muppet

what the heck.. I started this 12 hours ago.. and no responce..

I plan to live forever or die trying
    I've only used PalmOS, and only for a few days, but no problems whatsoever with it. Don't know if that helps any.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Dude, sorry for the hastey reply

seriously it depends on the user, and what he/she will use it for, if you need it for E-mails, small office work, and music, then go Windows CE-known as Pocket PC 2002 btw- if you're into serious programming, or using weird Development Kits or Network tools, then Go Palm OS, also Palm OS support more languages, plus the usual Office documents and applications, I worked for a while with the Sony Clie the one with a camera with Palm OS it was Awesome.

I'm pretty excited about MS combining ME, NT, and CE.

Blue Haired Muppet

Originally posted by Runes_Tooth
    I'm pretty excited about MS combining ME, NT, and CE.
    Man, that joke is old, lol.. I remember that post back in 2001.
    There is one: http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...ghlight=CEMENT
    But, there were a lot more.. just coudn't find them.

Anyway, thanks for that feedback.. I guess I just really never liked the palm OS, but I have heard a lot of positive things about it. I am thinking about getting a PDA for college. At first I wanted an iPaq, but I don't really like compaq products and it is really expensive.. So, now I am thinking about getting the Dell Axim. It is cheap and it has a 300 mhz processor.. looks nice.
    Last edited by Xerxes; 06-28-2003 at 04:25 PM.

Eat Rice!
    What are you going to use it for EXACTLY. I have used both for years. I have a Tungsten T from palm and a Toshiba e750. Both are powerpacked and ready to go.

Really... they both do more than i need.. way more. Most people should probably actually just get a palm zire, because it does the basic things people need, at under $100.

Blue Haired Muppet

I'm going to use it for school and to organize myself.. to do list, calender for events... notes for classes.. phone book.. I found an axim for less than $200, and they look hot.

hmmm actually I have a year old CLIE (palm OS) and an old Mobile Pro 800 (old windows CE)... CE's more like windows, whereas PalmOS is more its own operating system (henceforth OS). there's lotsa stuff for both of them... depends on what you're using it for really. for quick notes and memoes and stuff, I'd go for palmOS, but for a more word-processing and powerpoint, etc etc etc I'd go with WCE. then again PalmOS is capable of those too... just not as fancy. go to best buy and try everything out there. the one local to me has a display of pocketPC's and palmOS handhelds, sooo... ovffixe max too... man any place, really. just play with them for a while and see what you think.

Blue Haired Muppet

yeah, I was testing them out at Best Buy the other day.. I guess I just like WinCE better..

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    just bought a dell x5 and it's in shipping....well it's arrived, at my sister's addy in the USA and i'm going to get it soon! yay!

Before you buy, check bensbargains.net for a few weeks and usually they will post coupons or deals for Dell stuff. You can get some good deals...I got my dell x5 300mhz for around 185$ shipped.