A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What monitor to get?

What monitor to get?

Hey guys,
    I'm gonna get me a new monitor, but I'd like to know your opinions and experience with monitors, help me choose one... I'm looking for something that supports at least 1600x1200, has preferably an 18" screen, .25 mm dotpitch and is flat... I was looking at the ViewSonic P95f+, but I'd like to hear some opinions on different monitors rather than just getting the first one that looked great to me. (drool-worthy lol!) I'm gonna be using it mainly for vector graphic and Flash web design and lots of Photoshopping, too... Not really computer games (unless I can hook up a videogame system to it which looks like that's possible. ) well any input's welcome, sry this is sooo big...

Whats your price range?

I'm more than happy with my Dell monitor.

But mine seems to be £100 cheaper than the one listed here... weird?

Lacie 22 inch flat. Try the electron 22 BlueIV.www.lacie.com

Viewsonic's 19" line is great. Affordable, quality and large enough. Get it.

Hey, thanks, you guys!
    I really don't want to spend too much (I'd say $1000 is my absolute max, 500's pretty high...)

Markp, thanks for the reccomendation but I'd like the resolution to go higher (still looks like a sweet screen nonetheless ) and asun2art, I'm looking at the BlueIV22 right now, that looks like a possible contender! Even though pricey yet still really nice... I go shopping for it tomorrow, so thanks for your input! (glad to know of what else there is before actually getting something and then finding out there's something way better out there.) Thanks again! I'll letchya know what I get. ^_^

Blue Haired Muppet

I've always heard good things about viewsonics. I just bought a 21 inch viewsonic off eBay for $121.

Patrick Johnson
    www.mana03.com

schweet! how do you like it? (if you've tried it out already?)

Blue Haired Muppet

Originally posted by The_e-Tahn
    schweet! how do you like it? (if you've tried it out already?)
    well, it should arrive soon. The check cleared on the 25th

ah i see. Now I'm looking into viewsonic's 20" screens, though I've got a semi-cramped corner that I'm dealing with and my mitsubishi Diamond Pro 87TXM barley fits, but I need something bigger, but don't know what a good place to limit myself is.. += (had to do that )

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Viewsonic's 19" line is great. Affordable, quality and large enough. Get it.

I agree... I have a 19''... Great monitor...

-Genesis f5 (Genesis mx)

If you want large with a low budget look at MAG monitors. I am very happy with my 19" that I've had for 2 years and it only cost $150 at that time.

hey, thanks, guys!
    I'm gonna go find out what monitor suits me today (YAY!!!) so thanks so much for all your help!!!!!

UPDATE
    eh went shopping today, tunred out backwards: found a really nice (not to mention EXPENSIVE EEEEEEK) philips monitor that I fell in love with... so I got a card for it, a Radeon 7500 and it's finally working, after like 20 tries to get it to work. it's a 20" viewable area, thing's actually like 25", dunno if I can fit that (i'll make it fit!) and it went all the way up to 1600x1200 unlike the other 4 monitors that were networked to the same computer. really wish I could've tried it out a bit more (better card please!) aanyways then there was also a samsung 19" viewable, but it was .294 mm dotpitch (philips was .255) so... decisions decisions! I'm looking thenm up now fo r the cheapest prices. anyone know a good site to buy stuff cheap??? (sorry I've been asking so much, but it's all really helping me!!) thanks!

hey guys!
    IT'S FINAL! and I'm staring at it now!

alright I went with a Philips 20" .255 mm 1600x1200 and a Radeon 7500 128mb. OH MAN IS IT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well just so you all know I'm really happy now and that's what I got.