A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What's your earliest memory?

What's your earliest memory?

The earliest thing I can remember is riding a tricycle down a sidewalk at my preschool, - just for a split second.
    So I must have been about 3 or 4.

What's yours?

my earliest memory was when i was like 2, i remember being at the worlds fair and i remember there was this yellow bounce house and my parents aasked my older brother if he wanted to go jump in the bounce house and he started to cry...lol then later that daythere was this modern art type thing where there were all sorts of concrete vehicles going into the water and i remember me and my brother trying to get into one, we were too short to get into the car so i tried to climbon to the motorcycle so may be i was 3... i dunno

checking the boards this morning

I remember I was about 2 years old, and my dad was carrying me into the bathroom. He took one of those green nose squirter thingys (I forgot the name), and squeezed it in my nose. I hated it.

I also remember having my diaper changed by my dad, too. Don't know if that was before the whole nose-squirter incident, though.

Originally posted by vampstko
    checking the boards this morning
    LMAO

Originally posted by Visionray
    LMAO
    like your memory is any better

4 MB-i386Dx ...

-Genesis f5 (Genesis Mx)

is it normal to not remeber alot of this when you were little? like around 3 - 6 yrs old..cause i can only remeber a few things here and there lol..
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

i remember having a tornado in the neighborhood, and having to go into the bathroom to hide with my cousin and mom. i think i was about 2 or 3. i have a lot of flashes from that time period (my parents red bedroom, the batman and robin tv show, and playing grocery store), but the tornado incident is probably my oldest complete memory....

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I can remember jumping up and down on a black leather couch while wearing a superman t-shirt... according to my parents, they got rid of that couch when I was almost 3... so... 2 years old is my earliest memory.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by kony2003
    is it normal to not remeber alot of this when you were little? like around 3 - 6 yrs old..cause i can only remeber a few things here and there lol..
    yeah I'm the same, huge gaps in my memories. maybe I was abducted?

Still kisses with saliva save_larry's Avatar
    an empowered & informed member of society
    I was walking up the street with my sister. We saw two guys with long hair and beards sitting at the top step of their building entrance, smoking. My sister whispers, "Let's go home," and I say, "Yeah."

That was in California, and we moved from there when I was 2. So I had to be 2 years old or less.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I remember walking up the road with me Mum to get ice creams. The shops were next to the train station and I can remember being completely freaked out when the trains came through the crossing.

No permanent damage, as my favourite toy later on was a cool Hornby train set.

I guess I was 'bout 2, going on 3.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by kony2003
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by defuzz
    yeah I'm the same, huge gaps in my memories. maybe I was abducted?
    I think that we probably remember a lot more than we think and just need the right triggers to run those memories.....a smell, a sound, and finally, a visual. It is all recorded somewhere in the brain, probably every sensory experience ever is there somewhere.

Seeing one of those big ol' black bakelite phones at a museum recently triggered a memory for me of the first time I answered a telephone, at my grandmother's house when I was getting over tonsilitis...it hurt to talk, but gran was not around to pick up the receiver. That memory had been hidden for about 46 years.

david p.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Im like the guy from memento, wait (captures the screen) there, i´ll remember this thread, (emails help too).

My earliest memory...I was standing in what would later become my bedroom, looking down the hall into the kitchen. Standing behind the door, so I could barely be seen. We had company in the kitchen and I guess I was scared of them. I also remember I was holding one of those toy lawn mower type things(where you push it and the balls jump around inside a little clear plastic bubble thing.)
    scdfred

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    earliest memory, we were being hunt down by a T-rex, and the birth givers were trying to avoid the glaciers...

sulphur everywhere, playing near the molte Lava fountain, Ooh those were the days

either being taken by two older kids to collect conkers when I was about two, or at about the same age, travelling on the tube for the first time with my dad when he took me to Hendon air museum near London
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."