A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Realtime-Playback. How?

Realtime-Playback. How?

Hi.

I want to create animations in flash and export as AVI video at full TV resolution.
    Can anyone tell me what my system will require to enable realtime-playback of the exported video.
    I know I will need a video editing app, but what other hardware/software will be required to enable realtime-previews on my system.

Current setup is..

1600xp Athlon
    512mb DDR
    Matrox G450 AGP
    5400rpm HD

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Secoast

Your machine spec sounds pretty ok, maybe look into a trial version of premiere (by adobe - not my fave editing package, but I know a lot of ppl who like it.) There are probably other solutions out there that will be cheaper, or do what you need.
    As for hardware assisted, that starts to get a little more expensive, again many options here, but you could look into media 100.
    Avid is considered the industry standard for editing (by most, not everyone, before i get any shouts) their website is quite comprehensive for all the bits that they do.
    Last edited by charlie_says; 07-05-2003 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks for the response.

Is it through an editing prog, like premiere, that playpack is usually carried out.

I'm currently just playing exported avi's in the quicktime viewer. These are fine(ish) if I drop the color depth, but because I'm hoping to eventually output to dvd-r for tv, idealy I want to export and playback at 24bit color, (768 X 576 res).
    The various info I've been getting suggests a video editing card is necessary, but I'm struggling to recognise the difference between video "Capture" cards, and video "Editing" cards.

Thanks again.

Secoast