A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Forums in Flash Environment

Forums in Flash Environment

I would like to add a forum to my page. I've never went through the process of making a forum. I've seen some forums within the flash environment that was sort of annoying, and I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. I guess the easy way is if you check the site and see how it is set up. Anyones suggestions are welcome.
    www.ZireMusic.com
    www.ZireMusic.com

Thanks
    Joel

A Forum can be a relatively complex task needing more than a simple tutorial. If you are really serious about pursuing it I would suggest picking up the book "Flash MX application design and development" by Jessica Speigel. 1/3 of the book if devoted to building a failry robust forum in Flash and if that's what your looking to do should be an invaluable resource. ISBN number 0-7357-1242-5

Hope that helps,

- Jeff
    Small minds talk about people, Average minds talk about events, Great minds talk about ideas.

I'm looking into ordering a copy, but does anyone else have any suggestions?
    Joel

I think theory7 are selling their forum software now. it might be interesting to look through the source code to see how that works.