A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Netscape HELL!!!

Netscape HELL!!!

I have an HTML page embedded with a SWF, published for Flash 5 viewing.

It works perfect in IE 6.0, it also workED perfect in Netscape 7.02.

I made some changes to the FLA, uploaded the SWF and HTML. It still works perfect in IE..I see all the changes which means I've successfully uploaded the file. BUT none of the changes appear in Netscape. It's almost as if the Cache isn't cleared...but it is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Netscape can be a hassle with the cache. Try saving it under another name and test it in Netsape.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Did you change the filename of the .swf and then forgot to change the name attribute in the embed tag on the page? If so, you would load the old file if you use Netscape (and you didn't delete the old file)

I tried saving it as a different name...both the SWF and the HTML and uploaded them. I'm able to see everything perfect in IE, which means the files were successfully uploaded to the right place and all attribution is correct, but I still cant see the updated file in Netscape.

:-(

I have similar problems occasionally and sometimes it helps to clear the cache, set the cache to 0 KB, and shutdown the browser and start again. Otherwise, for me it has always come down to human error and it turns out I've been making some stupid mistake like not actually putting the new file out there, or embedding a different .swf file than the one I'm working on (like embedding flash1.swf instead of flash2.swf), or even worse, I tend to forget to change the source in the embed tag as well as the object tag!
    Diane

Shift+Reload was the way to clear cache in the older Netscape browsers. Maybe it still works.

Ya ... ya ... it still works