A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What Are You Building with MX Products?

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™

What Are You Building with MX Products?

A message from Macromedia:

We know many of our customers are creating amazing experiences with Macromedia MX products. As part of the evolution of MX, we want to tell your story.

Send us an email and tell us what you're doing with Macromedia Flash MX, Fireworks MX, or Dreamweaver MX. We're talking weird, wild, different, extraordinary, breakthrough, entertaining - you name it - we want to hear about it.

Please email your project description and include the following information:

• Full name, street address, and telephone number.
      Indicate which Macromedia software you used.
      A short description (3 - 5 sentences) of your project detailing what sets it apart from the rest.
      Provide links to your work.

If your project raises enough eyebrows around here, we'll contact you and take it from there. What's in it for you? The chance to share your work with a global audience (okay, and some free stuff).

Send all submissions to castingcall@macromedia.com

Sounds great - but we use it for exactly nothing

We are mainly building high street fashion retail sites and the penetration (?) level of the v6 plugin just isn't high enough.

shame really...

- n.

Developer
    What are you using to put your pages together? front page, image ready and notepad

hehe - yes, hand-coded swfs all the way!

no, we do use MX but publish to 5, somehow I don't think we are what Macromedia is after for their 'great new things you can do with MX' marketing campaigns - however exciting our sites might be

- n.

Developer

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    If I was in the same position as this two years ago, I'd of probably agreed with emenem, that the penetration of the v6 player vs. the additional functionalities of MX does not warrant exporting to the latest player, but I think that now, a lot more people are comfortable with adding small progs (the player) and even know what macromedia and flash actually are - they couldn't show you, but they know (maybe even trust?) the words.

To that degree, I've already made some public stuff that requires the 6 player, stuff that I couldn't have completed with v5.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting