A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scroll bar and multiple textfields

scroll bar and multiple textfields

I'm looking for a way or should I say the correct way to attach a scroll bar to multiple textfields. Is there a way to do that or whats the correct way to make that happen. I've got a mc that has multiple text fields all named the same instance. I drag a scroll bar component on stage and give it the target of the instance for the text fields and nothing.

Suggestions?

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    have all the textfields in one mc and SCROLL THAT.
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

thats what I have, I have one mc that has 10-13 textfields. Then I created another MC with a scroll pane that links to the textfields MC. but the text wont fit to size in the scroll pane, all the textfields together is larger that the scrollpane but I need to keep the scroll pane a certain size so it fits within my movie.

Originally posted by four3shane
    ...the text wont fit to size in the scroll pane, all the textfields together is larger that the scrollpane...
    ?????
    isnt that what scrollpanes are for??
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

thats what I thought, I've used scrollpanes before and it always conforms to size to fit the mc, I don't know if its because I'm using dynamic textfields or what, I can create one giant single textfield and then use scroll buttons but I'm not trying to do that.

I want a scrollpane that holds an mc and not have the text overlapping the scrollpane.

Originally posted by four3shane

I want a scrollpane that holds an mc and not have the text overlapping the scrollpane.
    just make sure that all characters are embedded for every textfield. U set that up in the property panel.