dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Create XML files

Create XML files

Hello,
    I need to make a tool that creates XML files that I read later in a Flash movie.
    How can I create XML files in the same folder as the "tool" using Flash?

Thanks in advance,

Michel

any notepad document can be turned into a xml file, while saving it, add the .xml extension instead of the regular notepad doc extension ".txt", for example "notepaddoc.txt".
    consultant / contractor / designer

Thank you ... my Canadian friend. This is the way I have done it now for testing purpose but I wish to do it via a dedicated "tool." I'll explain:

I make a Flash "slide projector" for my flight simulator friends who wish to publish their "pilot report" on the internet. The "projector" displays pictures (screenshots) and text in a nice sequence with fade in, fade out.

All the data, picts and text, are dynamically loaded from the content of a XML file. But typing the file in a word processor is not everybody's cup of tea. So I wish to make an "editor."

In Flash, I can create an XML object. I just wish then to save it as a file on the server, in the same folder as the "editor."

The proper way to do this then is to have a middleware to read a script. But this is not a commercial application, only "pour le fun" as your Quebecois countrymen put it. So I was wondering if a Flash "editor" could simply save the XML object created with no more fuzz about database on server and other exotic features.

Thanks in advance,

Michel