A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metalic Feeling

man thats nice smaug any chance of letting me now what font you use for your logo eg " thesmaug beyond imagination" thats the kind of font whihc would look quite kool on my V2 design whihc im thinking of concepts for atm.

o yeha so how did you make that metal effect as well? did nionicle give you a template or has he shown you a tut somewhere. Come on nionicle share the secret you know you want to.

i don't really want to show the secret.
    I let him use my avatar and he edited it.

ohh yeah
    if you want to use this version smaug

http://www32.brinkster.com/frostbang/smaug5.jpg
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

fair does maybe a few months after youve got your website up make a tut? never mind i always got me graphics apps to play round with just would be nice to be able to keep file sizes down by keeping it all vector.

i might make a tutorial later on.
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

wahooooooooooooooooooo

dunnow but this guy got some good tutorials on how to make realistic metal in flash.

http://www.vectorkid.com/main.html

go to tutorials > week 2 > metal

gl

yeha thats pretty kool thanks for that.

Hey, thanx

Originally posted by CDP-Design
    o yeha so how did you make that metal effect as well? did nionicle give you a template or has he shown you a tut somewhere. Come on nionicle share the secret you know you want to.
    With some graident, i bet u can get the same effect.. I cannot give da secret if he don't, but here is a tip 4 you:
    Use modify>shape>soften fill edges to get more realistic effects

The font is named as "Eurostile" and the one i used for "THESMAUG" is "Eurostile Extended". These are really expensive fonts and no shareware releases. But when i created that logo, i fount their full versions by a search on google. Then, 2 weeks ago, formatted my pc and forgot to backup the "fonts" folder. So, they're all gone !! (about 10000 font)

yeah i feel your pain i formatted but i made sure i kept my main font ah denmark is my best font second to those super pixel fotns i just bought anyway thanks and as you didnt check your user cp i suppose ill post my e-mail up here for you cdp_design@hotmail.com
    if i find the font ill send you a copy.

found the whole font family :D

ok of all the places where do you think youd find a font whihc youd normally need to shell out around $140 for the whole font family an illegal website?
    well you thought wrong lol i found the whole font family for download on the seat website

good site

great saved me $140 i may buy a seat to repay them (hmmmmmmmmmmm better think abotu that one)

lol

Originally posted by CDP-Design
    yeah i feel your pain i formatted but i made sure i kept my main font ah denmark is my best font second to those super pixel fotns i just bought anyway thanks and as you didnt check your user cp i suppose ill post my e-mail up here for you cdp_design@hotmail.com
    if i find the font ill send you a copy.
    K..

These fonts are very different than the one on my site (Eurostile).

Hey CDP, if u want, u can use it this....
    Attached Images Attached Images

lol
    my avatar is gunna be famous

spread the word!

Originally posted by Nionicle
    lol
    my avatar is gunna be famous

spread the word!

ok kool thanks ill update min in a minute but im ganna be making a V2 site as i said soon so i might alter my logo to more like my original concepts now im more comfortable wiht the software i use.
    ill probably have a go at making my own version at some mettalic gradients but thankyou for this version. It cna be our project avatar for the time being