A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Macromedia Flash MX2

Hmm...

Some type of 3D Modeling built into Flash.
    MORE XML USEABILITY!

I'll think of more later...

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    but dude, not even director shockwave has a built in 3d modelling tool. Its not like just adding an extra panel...
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

I know that. But it's something I've wanted to see built in for a long time.

It probably won't ever be put in.

And I'm not stupid, I don't think it's as simple as 'putting in a new panel'.

I've done software development, before.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    And I'm not stupid, I don't think it's as simple as 'putting in a new panel'.
    I've done software development, before.
    Sorry, too much coffee and to little sleep over here
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

No problem. I might of been a bit harsh in my reply though.

Just not enough sleep over here...

Originally posted by cosmiceye
    but dude, not even director shockwave has a built in 3d modelling tool. Its not like just adding an extra panel...
    for 79.00 USD, you can buy Shapeshifter3D to build models directly within Director. Macromedia, if they were to acquire anything else, should acquire the manufacturers of this program.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

hahaha, there are some pretty wild requests in here!!

I'll just mention one thing that constantly bugs me, the zoom feature, I'd like to have a 'last zoom' feature that remembers the last position and degree of magnification, a bit like xara x does. It makes it a lot easier when you're cutting back and forth between two different views.

more than features I'd like to request that MM just gets its act together, listen to the community and create a coherent product line up.

Where did you found out about the next flash, gsolo? The only thing I found was this:
    MOD EDIT

What kind of a codename is "matador"??? puk

btw, my requests

environment:

1.- buttons for mirror flips, as the ones in fireworks.
    2.- enhaced "magic wand" tool, for breaked bitmaps.
    3.- enhace shape tween feature, in a way that you actually can use it.
    4.- collaps between {} brackets feature.
    5. vertical collpase button for whole panel group (as dreamweaver mx)
    6. Fix the view screwup when zooming out a lot/ having enormous grafical objects.
    7. distort/envelope for bitmaps allso.
    8.- For the love of god, at least some ativeX support(flashplayer).
    9. gradient tool, from bitmap to color and with alpha. Alpha edge on rubber/brush.
    10. Interface for shared assets, "better" library
    11. When making new symbol, have a group property, so that I know what belongs to who when making component, without having to clean an organize the folder from the start.
    12. Please let me edit in place on a component by dubbelclicking it.
    13. texture feature for shapes

actionscript:

1.- More lingo communication compatibility.
    2.- stop/ play execution of level or object scripts.
    3.- possibility to load more file formats.
    4.- built in pivot point property (that updates by itself)
    5.- invisible area of masked clips shouldnt include in size of parent object.
    6. Joystick integration (hate having to go thru director)
    7. object._activityLevel property on sound object (not only for mic as is now)
    8. movieClip._envelope(parameters...)
    9. something that returns an object with _x,_y,_height,_width properties of a string in a textfield (to make emotion icons possible)

The image has been removed once already from this thread. DO NOT POST IT AGAIN, unless you'd like to be banned.
    Last edited by Markp.com; 07-12-2003 at 10:25 PM.

WTF???

Matador the grafical and torreador for code?? Nothing makes sense, is this crap or for real. It might be MOD EDIT, a fake img or sumthing.

(from here):
    http://translate.google.com/translat...utf-8%26sa%3DG

Macromedia Flash 2004
    Friday July 11, 2003

Torreadoooooor... You remember the song? Not? Good, okay. I accept your excuses. In any case, if you do not remember the song, you are likely to remember you the program: Does flash MX get already old, you do not find? Then here: I discovered, some share on Internet, an interesting image. Thus click on this bond and you will discover MATADOR beta, namely the version "graphic designer" of the next grinding of our friend Flash. On another side, it would seem that Macromedia would also prepare us a version "programmer" of the software, code name TORREADOR, which incluerait Action Script v2, whose principal innovations are:
    Error handling
    Better OOP
    Compilation (to be checked)
    One also says that the player would be 2 to 3 times faster, which would not be an evil, because the flash, it is beautiful, but beyond 640x480, that seriously starts to row. One said many time that Macromedia did not optimize to them player to support Director and its Shockwave format...
    Last edited by Markp.com; 07-12-2003 at 10:24 PM.

comedy "do all my work and make me a sandwich" option.

make flash native objects 1000 times faster and make 3D a reality, and multi-processor support. ive got a super computer here and i can only use a fraction of the horsepower, whats that all about?

seriously though, i like flash just the way it is some people are just asking flash to be director, do we want something which takes 30 second to initilize on the browser screen?
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    If I get the point right, you were joking about being such person in the first lines and then got serious in the end lines?
    I think it's the other way around...

gsolo, tell me where u got the flash2004 info, or I will kick you at my location ( )

• Fix the image bugs so you dont have to make 'em 99% alpha to keep smooth gradients or the degrading of animated images if swf is more than ONE frame.
    • Fix the now even worse support for Illustrator format ( import of ai files were much better in F4 ). Also fix so images exported in Illustrator format keep their colors when opened in PS for example).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Also, there are little bugs that need tweaking, such as the line tool. I find it can be full of bugs.

My #1 suggestion for Macromedia, is to buy-out Swift 3D, and incorporate Swift 3D into Flash MX2 in real-time

That would be soooo amazing if they were to add a feature like that, so many of these flash designers these days, try to achieve this frequently. ANd vectorize in 3d, say for example 3dmax rendered images or even just regular ones, I just hope Macromedia pays more attention to this very fast growing trend among flash designers that like 3D Flash anims

I would personally be very happy with buying a great product like that if Macromedia were to do something like that. A lot of designers frown on having to buy Swift 3d in the first place, while Macromedia should be doing something along those sort of lines in Flash MX anyways, some sort of render would be a great asset to any future versions of Flash MX. It would be pretty cool if Flash MX can render nice flash 3d anims like swift does on the fly and in its own renderer

Ooooo and before I forget, I luv XML, so keep up the good work with making XML more usable with FlashMX ! XML forums 0wnz j00 ;p

I hope you guys make XML even more added-onto Flash MX.
    Last edited by TRJNET; 07-16-2003 at 10:51 AM.
    consultant / contractor / designer

that sounds very intressting, but even if macromedia added swift to flash, I will still rather use plasma and 3dsmax for my 3d flash content.

maybe macromedia should buy out adobe and discreet, kill the other mx members and make one monster hybrid of video editor, 3d modelling, server processing, photo and vector editor.
    Last edited by cosmiceye; 07-12-2003 at 10:07 PM.

maybe macromedia should buy out adobe and discreet, kill the other mx members and make one monster hybrid of video editor, 3d modelling, server processing, photo and vector editor.
    And if they did buy out Adobe and Discreet (which, I am positive the don't have the money) they would still be slapped with an Antitrust lawsuit.

I think they should add the ability to import 3DS objects, and render them on the fly or durring output (based on the users selection...I.E. on the fly for a game, but if it is just a static movie might as well be rendered once).

I agree, batch chaning of file properties...it is annoying to go through a bunch of imported images and change there properties 1 by 1!
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar
    More space on the stage would be nice.
    I hate working with images for 360 pan and not being able to scroll to each end of the image without moving it. Anything over 1600 pixels wide just doesnt allow me to see it all .
    Im sure this is the way it is for a reason but yet i find it stupid that i cant scroll to each end of an image when i can in adobe and the other apps out there.

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link