Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Macromedia Flash MX2

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Any update FI?

Unoficial stuff:
    http://ground.gr/play/index.php?p=47&more=1

Destroyed
    Last edited by gSOLO_01; 07-15-2003 at 10:29 AM.

tantalizing stuff

i see they included my scroll wheelie request, they must have spies on FK (or not!)

so there will be two seperate flash products? i dont entirely back that decision. FK would need a new forum

there's a spellcheck? COOOOOOOLIES
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

Developer
    Come on now; the above arent all facts.

these on the other hand:
    http://forums.ultrashock.com/ff.htm?http://forums.ultrashock.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30278

The new Flash player promises an extreme performance boost for PC but especially for Mac users. Have a look at these numbers:

:: Component Initialization Performance
    Windows
    Flash 6: 44 ms
    Flash x: 7 ms

Mac
    Flash 6: 74 ms
    Flash x: 34 ms

:: Filling Array Performance
    Windows
    Flash 6: 1929 ms
    Flash x: 511 ms

Mac
    Flash 6: 4674 ms
    Flash x: 1000 ms

:: Populate Data Grid Performance
    Windows
    Flash 6: 1353 ms
    Flash x: 357 ms

Mac
    Flash 6: 3002 ms
    Flash x: 854 ms

:: Sort Data Grid Performance
    Windows
    Flash 6: 4098 ms
    Flash x: 678 ms

Mac
    Flash 6: 10083 ms
    Flash x: 871 ms

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    You know what MX2 really needs!
    Dump the crappy MX timeline control and go back to the good ol' flash 5 timeline control.
    This factor is the only reason I don't use MX and prefer flash 5.

What is the problem with u and MX timeline ?? I think it is better than Flash5's

huh? its almost exactly the same except it has better features - like layer folders.

I want 3D support !
    1. OpenGL and DirectX 9 rendering of full 3D polygone whit all abilyties of Textures such as: Bump map, reflection, translusence, rought map, light map and the others.

2. Full intergration of Animation of 3D objects :
    - When I press "W" my caracter run ( running animation )
    - When I Press "Shift-W" my caracter Walk ( Walking Animation )

In resume: When I Press "My-button" theres a animation that is assigned to the 3D model

3. Full support of Particule and Physic.
    - When the snow hit the roof it piles up and its not going trought it like a ghost

4. Shaders components library that works whit DirectX 9.
    - Having pre-build components like water, fog, smoke etc and always have some slider customisation.

One I have all that ... it will be a new age

Dream of a web site where your buddy welcome you and that you can control the caracter in a environement that can interact whit him!

Director can but Flash is weak 2D vector
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

All I want is the "Do Work" button that will build my entire project for me, so as to better meet my client's expectations.

Originally posted by atRax
    I want 3D support !
    1. OpenGL and DirectX 9 rendering of full 3D polygone whit all abilyties of Textures such as: Bump map, reflection, translusence, rought map, light map and the others.

2. Full intergration of Animation of 3D objects :
    - When I press "W" my caracter run ( running animation )
    - When I Press "Shift-W" my caracter Walk ( Walking Animation )

In resume: When I Press "My-button" theres a animation that is assigned to the 3D model

3. Full support of Particule and Physic.
    - When the snow hit the roof it piles up and its not going trought it like a ghost

4. Shaders components library that works whit DirectX 9.
    - Having pre-build components like water, fog, smoke etc and always have some slider customisation.

One I have all that ... it will be a new age

Dream of a web site where your buddy welcome you and that you can control the caracter in a environement that can interact whit him!

Director can but Flash is weak 2D vector
    all i have to say about that is:
    "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    I mean in MX you can't just highlight some frames and delete them by pressing backspace or make a tween longer by dragging the last keyframe further down the timeline, stuff like that..

_
    Originally posted by gasbag15
    I mean in MX you can't just highlight some frames and delete them by pressing backspace or make a tween longer by dragging the last keyframe further down the timeline, stuff like that..
    Yes, I want the fuctionality of the flash 5 timeline, it made work much quicker, I dont like having to right click everytime I want to delete something, but keep the folders and organization of the MX timeline. More needs to be done with the keyboard then the mouse, it makes things much faster and more work gets done.

Also, selecting a frame can be a biotch, if you dont click it right..ect.. it doesnt do what you want, I seem to have that problem once or twice a project.

When you copy, say 15 frames on four layers, I want them to stay in the same layer they were in when I paste them on the same timeline.

-Mike
    Last edited by mikecoutermarsh; 07-16-2003 at 09:20 AM.

oh s**t, one thing i forgot to mention that i would really really really like, raw socket communication - there are ways around flashes xml EOT but the benifits of raw socket capability would be huge, and this would be stupidly easy to impliment from the player source code, it begs the question, why did MM decide to use a null byte EOT in the first place?

Developer
    http://www.actionscript.com/archives/00000538.html
    What will be announced at FlashKit San Jose?
    Emberton, 7/17/2003

Flash 7.0 is due *sometime* this year.
    Why? Well, for as long as we can remember, Macromedia has pumped out new versions of Flash on ~18 month development cycles. Flash MX was announced in March of 2002 and shipped soon thereafter. By the 18 month rule, we're looking at a refresh in either late August or early September.

Flash Player 7 testing will begin at least a month before an industry show featuring Macromedia employees as speakers
    Flash, like it or not Director fans, is the new flagship product. Major upgrades to flagship products are always saved until there's a readymade audience, an audience being addressed by Macromedia staff. FlashKit San Jose fits the bill for this. Snubbed by Macromedia (pretty much) last year, this FlashKit is being blessed with an official MM keynote called "The Evolution of the Digital Experience" delivered by the Flash product manager himself. A Flash show. Evolution. See a pattern?

Trouble is, a new Flash Player will need at least a month's lead time for public testing. Especially now, since Flash is tethered to so many other products in the lineup. The fewer bugs, the better.

Central is coming
    Central was promised sometime in the summer of 2003. Since this is going to be backward compatible with Flash Player 6, it's unclear how the announcement will play out. Will it be announced alongside Flash 7.0, as a component/publishing kit that works with both versions? Who knows. And frankly, who really cares.

The subscribers are hungry
    DevNet subscribers will be wanting something apart from DRKs to justify this year's investment in MM software. It makes sense that Flash will be coming as part of that. Possibly even as an early-access bonus for subscribers.

So what's going to happen?

Well, considering that no Flash Player 7 testing has been announced early in this week's tech news cycle, I'm skeptical as to whether a new Flash will be *available* at FlashKit San Jose. It's possible... but considering the traditionally small(er) size of FlashKit as compared to other shows, I'd be prepared to float another possibility. That is, a pre-announcement and preview at FK, along with the release of something immediately downloadable, like Central, or even a trial version of Royale.

As there are only 2.5 months between FlashKit and Macromedia's own megaconference, MAX, it would make some sense to pre-announce in August, with shipping occurring either sometime between the shows, or actually at MAX. They may ship it in between the two, so that MAX can have a heavily practical and up-to-date session program. But then again, Macromedia doesn't pay for any of its MAX speakers, so there's likely to be a lot of Flash MX content on show.

That's my star-watching for the week. What's your theory?

The ActionScript Master Master64's Avatar
    Hoi

just a small thing

whan you publish in html or press F1 a new window opens instand of takeover a open brouwser window!!

it @#^$ me off when i open the help and then fashkit(for example) is gone!!

its just a small thing don't what to be too demanding
    Master64
    useing:XP,MX

don't send me PM's because i never check it so if you what to contact me use Email

whan you publish in html or press F1 a new window opens instand of takeover a open brouwser window!!
    You can change that in IE. Deselect 're-use browser windows' (that's my translation on it since I have a dutch version)
    Vincent
    SWIS BV

Last edited by Markp.com on 07-23-2003 at 02:25 AM

The ActionScript Master Master64's Avatar
    Well i didn't think it was a so small demand

well don't listen to me gSOLO

and thanks Vincent
    Master64
    useing:XP,MX

don't send me PM's because i never check it so if you what to contact me use Email

Developer
    Originally posted by Master64
    well don't listen to me gSOLO

call me late to the game but…

Here's what i would like to see:

1. Proper type controls. Would it kill Macromedia to allow us to choose ems to kern and lead type. Some of us are old enough to know what those terms are, and prefer to use them. (However, i don't want an option to change my ruler to picas, that would just be crazy talk).

2. A better debugging/testing environment that would allow you to simulate both bandwidth and Flash player version (major version is enough) so that we don't have to open up a bunch of different browsers to test every little change.

3. Real bezier drawing tools.

4. The ability to kern/track dynamic type.

5. Full 8-bit masking.

6. Some sort of actions or common task automation feature like Photoshop.

And while we are whishing:
    7. Ability to import a layered PSD and translate it to individual .png files within Flash.

8. A series of bitmap-style effects that can be applied to vectors (blur, motion blur, drop shadow, glow), so that we can get those cool bitmap effects without having to resort to using bitmaps.

That should cover it from me.

d.
    dlowe93

ok. I'm going to add one last thing... most likely to be seen as an impossible thing... layer masks that act like they do in Photoshop/Painter.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by gerbick
    ok. I'm going to add one last thing... most likely to be seen as an impossible thing... layer masks that act like they do in Photoshop/Painter.
    I think we are saying the same thing: full 8-bit masks so that you can have a gradient mask across the image. That would be nice. I know 1 bit masks are fine for .gif images, but that's so 1995.

d.
    dlowe93