A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Macromedia Flash MX2

Well....

I'd like to see:

• Both styles of layer mask
    • Smaller exported projectors (they're like over 1mb now!!)
    • Spell Checker
    • A "rollout" state for buttons... this would save loads of times in creating complex buttons with rollout effects
    • Get it to re-load the library pallete open the loading of a document
    • Better movie protection
    • Full 32-bit Alpha for those Spark vids would be cool
    • Support for Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop filters for quick changes to vector paths and imported bitmaps
    • When the timeline is a floating pallete on a secondary display, it doens't remember it's position... it always tries to be on the primary display, so I have to drag it back
    • A fuction that makes a sound loop INDEFINATLY... I'm getting tired of entering "9999" every time I want it to loop... what if a visitor stays on my site for over a year?
    • And all of the other stuff other peeps have been saying...

For god sakes Macromedia Buy-out Erain already and integrate Swift 3D v3 with Flash MX 2 !!!!!!!!

If 2advanced.com's Eric Jordan is using it often, Im quite sure all the rest of us will catch on (if they haven't already) and start buying swift 3d and it would be great if Macromedia could implement something like that for the next version, I would buy it for sure ! I (HOPE) they're listening..

Because honestly, these days, you need to make media content a lot more interactive & 3D, swift 3d & flash MX brings that sort of sexy vectorness & professional style And in my opinion, would be a deadly combination if both were in 1 program.
    Last edited by TRJNET; 07-19-2003 at 03:00 AM.
    consultant / contractor / designer

integrating any sort of 3d interface would just be a good excuse for even more crappy design, excessive IDE prices and bloated file sizes. i say nay to 3d animation for flash, because virtually anything in swift 3d looks pap. it has little chance of increasing interactivity or useability, and 2d animation styles, imo, have a much better chance of visually stunning.

lets just leave 3d animation to the experts, like TETSOO. i dont think they made that in swift 3d, and if they did, they must have an incredible amount of time to be messing around with a virtually unusable interface.

edit.. the animation on tetsoo isnt even vectorized
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

imagination through stupidity
    what happened to my post? i don't remember what i said, but its gone!!
    Nothing to see here, move along.

question authority
    A better actionscript editor - something like scite would be awesome.

Global search and replace.

fix the mp3 loop bug.

fix the image creep bug.

fix the god damn mac plugin!

and i wish they would take the zoom back to how it was in 5.
    I don't want the stage to center when i zoom thanks very much!
    Last edited by monkii; 07-19-2003 at 09:46 PM.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by monkii
    fix the image creep bug.
    Pixel shift? I thought that was fixed?

question authority
    workarounds fix it, but the bug is still there.

Oh that statement on Zoom reminds me...

You know how when you want the "camera" to zoom in on somthing you have to scale up the objects in the scene?

I think that in FMX2 Macromedia should include a camera feature, it's usage is similar to that of Photoshop's Navigator, where you position a box on the screen and that box is that FOV of the "camera" so if you rotate the box, the player user sees everything has rotated (when it really hasn't) or if you shrink or expand the box it seems to the person watching the final SWF as if it's zooming in or out respectvily...

That would be a real great feature of MX2..... if they ever did it

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Originally posted by Sybersnake
    what happened to my post? i don't remember what i said, but its gone!!
    markP has been "cleaning". So in another words, if you write something that -in his opinion- is crap, then he deletes it. We arent even supposed to post about it, we must "pm him if we have a problem" about it.

call me a drama queen, but I dont like when people take advantage of their power in a wrong way. I have bad experiences with those kind of people, Agusto Pinochet being one example.
    Last edited by cosmiceye; 07-20-2003 at 06:57 AM.
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

I can definatly name a few people who abuse their power...

But seeming as it's probable that they're here as well at other places... in fear of retribution and reprisals... I won't mention any names...

imagination through stupidity
    Originally posted by cosmiceye
    markP has been "cleaning". So in another words, if you write something that -in his opinion- is crap, then he deletes it. We arent even supposed to post about it, we must "pm him if we have a problem" about it.

call me a drama queen, but I dont like when people take advantage of their power in a wrong way. I have bad experiences with those kind of people, Agusto Pinochet being one example.
    hmm.

no this is not worthless.. i had to respond someway.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

question authority
    heheh... the mods around here crack me up!

hehe, yeah well the fuzz was mainly about a picture of "Matador". Flash 7 will come in 2 parts, one for the actionscript 2 coder, "Toreador", and the otherone being for the visual artist, "Matador". In the macromedia forum, in this thread-> http://webforums.macromedia.com/flas...eyword1=player you will find a link to a screenshot of the Matador beta. My mistake was that I posted the direct url to that picture when it allready had been deleted (and I didnt knew that as I have a life outside flashkit).

Anyways, its known that actionscript 2 will come with a compilator that lets you test your code before you export the whole movie.
    The onMouseWheel event will be there, as well as a "movieClip preloader" (?), and the rightclick menu thingy that has been requested. The "component inspector" will probably be a better kind of panel for the component parameters. AS2 will have better OOP features we can only dream about all that at thos moment...

...one thought scares me- what if they make FLASH7 for 64 bit hardware, like photoshop 8?

Developer
    Most of that is rumored stuff (or not; but who cares, nothings been finalized yet)...

The thread is being cleaned not only because flashkit is close to macromedia (don't think I need to say anymore about that) but also to keep the thread on topic. I'll be going through this thing and creating a master list to send off to the macromedia peeps...

In the compliation of suggestions, add:

• And keep curret flash users up-to-date with sensitive private betas and give them screenshots before the new interface is even finished!

Originally posted by gSOLO_01
    Most of that is rumored stuff (or not; but who cares, nothings been finalized yet)...

The thread is being cleaned not only because flashkit is close to macromedia (don't think I need to say anymore about that) but also to keep the thread on topic. I'll be going through this thing and creating a master list to send off to the macromedia peeps...
    So whats so "off topic" about the Matador pic link from the macromedia forums?

You kickass for creating the request list, wonder if its not too late. BTW, did you look throu my whishlist?

question authority
    so MM will allow the image in their forum, but Flashkit wont?
    thats crazy talk!

Developer
    Originally posted by cosmiceye
    So whats so "off topic" about the Matador pic link from the macromedia forums?
    Who said it was off topic; just inappropriate.

Whoever released the pic (real or fake) shouldn't have; don't know why it's still up there really... Both leaks and hoaxes are closed down by Macromedia, "because both mess with intellectual property and brandname value."

Originally posted by monkii
    so MM will allow the image in their forum, but Flashkit wont?
    thats crazy talk!
    Exactly! Maybe it messes up the core values of the flashkit brand code or sumthing like that...