dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Macromedia Flash MX2

Originally posted by erova
    and a billion 14 year olds and hack designers abused it to death...
    i agree with you there - but there is still an occasion once or twice a year where one simple effect would be nice. but i'm not dealing with swish for that. something scaled down in flash would be nice.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Originally posted by TheSmaug.com

4. Image editing tools (like photoshop's)

6. Multiuser-on-net support without special scripting (only a checkbox like "multiuser support"

4. - Buy studio, get fireworks, it integrates. If you want to use photoshop, use the update feature in the library after you've edited your image. MM isn't going to spend the time/effort to create something to compete with or that is as powerful as photoshop.

6. - How are you going to do multiuser without a flashcomm server anyway? You want the netservices and netdebug code built in so you don't have to waste .002 seconds inserting #include ?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

i m a g i n a t i o n TheSmaug.com's Avatar
    Originally posted by PAlexC
    4. - Buy studio, get fireworks, it integrates. If you want to use photoshop, use the update feature in the library after you've edited your image. MM isn't going to spend the time/effort to create something to compete with or that is as powerful as photoshop.

6. - How are you going to do multiuser without a flashcomm server anyway? You want the netservices and netdebug code built in so you don't have to waste .002 seconds inserting #include ?
    These are what i want... U want, or not, i really dont care.

[TheSmaug] + [Nionicle] + [CDP Design] = [SHIFT9]

chill mang

I'm just saying, the tools are already there.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog

i m a g i n a t i o n TheSmaug.com's Avatar
    Then u'll buy all of these softwares ????
    Buying only one - flash MX2 (all in one package) is i think better.

[TheSmaug] + [Nionicle] + [CDP Design] = [SHIFT9]

You should keep the matador image that you posted in the first place. Looked really nice

EDIT: Not 'You' But you know what i mean, i think.

OLE object insert capability (like PS, ie. see an image in IE, just drag it onto the flash window and there you go - it brings up an error at the moment)

and some decent error handling, its almost non-existing. i would kill for java's "try{}catch(){}" syntax, and some decent error handling in the debugger, without it you just cant avoid bad scripting habbits. i suppose thats less of an IDE thing though

and its about time we got at least a function list window integrated into the ASeditor - eg. if you see a user defined function being used, like, myString.findReplace(a,b) for example, i should be able to right-click on the findReplace and it would take right to the definition of that function. using the movie explorer is OK for this but it doesnt seem to support MC's not on the timeline.

last thing, id like to see an option to register objects in a new MC go automatically to 0,0 co-ordinates. something so simple could save me hours of rist cramping moving, and navigating those tiny co-ordinate boxes in the properties box.
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

how about a more practical wish list?

I'd like better XML/XSLT/XFORM parsing... use the same type of syntax/functionality as a browser or Java. Use standard XML schema's and for god's sake, SPEED IT UP.

Secure the Flash Player before you release it, Macromedia. I refuse to sit through another possible security issue that took you people (Macromedia) forever to fix. Sorta tired of being an unpaid beta tester for Macromedia.

Consolidate your server lines. Too many server products has confused the market, not help "innovate" one damn bit.

Back to XML. I'd like the ability to query a database, and structure my data into an XML DOM object... more to say here, but let's just say I'm absolutely tired of wasting my breath.

Make the interface and program faster, allow me to import my own *.swf's with ActionScripting intact. The whole library thing... yeah, it works, but on the front side of importing, how about allow me to state that I'd like to "when I edit one frame, I edit all frames"... type of option. I may only use it when I import a Swift3D file, then resize it, or move it about, and I know how to do it, but it's... ugh.

Oh, how about some Lingo like operations... or at least allow me to use Lingo type of logic (OOP) and perhaps Shockwave3D in Flash? At least Shockwave3D style of 3D in Flash (read: textured, photorealistic, etc.)

The whole workflow for Flash needs help. A lot of help if you ask me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by gerbick
    The whole workflow for Flash needs help. A lot of help if you ask me.
    Workflow; that’s one thing I've heard they're definitely working on... care to expand your thoughts on that one.

Originally posted by gerbick
    Back to XML. I'd like the ability to query a database, and structure my data into an XML DOM object... more to say here, but let's just say I'm absolutely tired of wasting my breath.
    There's no firefly component for that?

I'd like to see flash remoting become as ubiquitous as the plug-in.

1. Ability to implement public/private members
    2. AS control of right click menu
    3. scroll wheelie (need i say more)
    edit..
    4. collapsible code in the editor - make navigating any more than 200 lines a breeze
    Last edited by the sherrif; 07-11-2003 at 11:40 AM.
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

workflow? well, take it compared to say Photoshop, Combustion, AfterEffects or Painter 8... the interface never gets in my way. I just work through those without really thinking.

Not the case for Flash.

It just... feels wrong. I'll sit-down with Flash, and iron out what I don't like exactly... I've barely touched it in the last few months.

Originally posted by PAlexC
    There's no firefly component for that?

I'd like to see flash remoting become as ubiquitous as the plug-in.
    and that's another thing. 299.00 just to connect to something that stated it did that out of the box!? NO friggin' way I'm buying Flash, then buying Firefly, then buy whatever other server product they will push at me next month.

If you support XML and database connectivity - that's the reason why a lot of Generator went way, it's "inside" of Flash now - then they should have allowed that connectivity out of the box. But nope...

'Tis ok though. You can still do that via the PHP/ASP stuff and pass it along to the flash movie, but it's.... well, slow.

_
    This is something very small that bugs me about mx.

In the library I would like to be able to just press the first letter of what ever im looking for on the keyboard and it will bring me to the first item with that first letter in its name.

-Mike

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Inbuilt blur tools would be nice..

fully OO actionscript (class, not "function". public, private, protected variables/methods)
    better XML parsing. (I've been doing flash XML parsing for 6 months, and php xml parsing for 6 days. php has won me over)
    custom right-click menu/no right-click menu only onEvents
    3rd mouse button support
    ability to write text files to the server (I know this won't happen)

j

Who said fallin off of a horse couldn't be an inspiration
    the ability to pick up any and all chicks simply because they know you have mx2. But realisically better video file control.
    BLING!

Better implemented 3D and video.
    Better font support (damn anti-aliasing).
    Flash player speed. (For instance playing movies @ 31.2 FPS instead of 40)

better debugging. maybe something like the PHP error reporting levels, so you could more easily spot things like typos in function names etc without flash just failing sliently when an undefined function is called.

being able to tab to html links in dynamic textfields.

make the address of the page a link will take you to appear in the status bar.

and just a simple one, if you choose to publish the movie for a different player version, set the codebase attribute in the html to match the version being published for. (yes I know its not hard to fix by hand, but it bugs me )

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    environment:

1.- buttons for mirror flips, as the ones in fireworks.
    2.- enhaced "magic wand" tool, for breaked bitmaps.
    3.- enhace shape tween feature, in a way that you actually can use it.
    4.- collaps between {} brackets feature.
    5. vertical collpase button for whole panel group (as dreamweaver mx)
    6. Fix the view screwup when zooming out a lot/ having enormous grafical objects.
    7. distort/envelope for bitmaps allso.
    8.- For the love of god, at least some ativeX support(flashplayer).
    9. gradient tool, from bitmap to color and with alpha. Alpha edge on rubber/brush.
    10. Interface for shared assets, "better" library
    11. When making new symbol, have a group property, so that I know what belongs to who when making component, without having to clean an organize the folder from the start.
    12. Please let me edit in place on a component by dubbelclicking it.
    13. texture feature for shapes

actionscript:

1.- More lingo communication compatibility.
    2.- stop/ play execution of level or object scripts.
    3.- possibility to load more file formats.
    4.- built in pivot point property (that updates by itself)
    5.- invisible area of masked clips shouldnt include in size of parent object.
    6. Joystick integration (hate having to go thru director)
    7. object._activityLevel property on sound object (not only for mic as is now)
    8. movieClip._envelope(parameters...)
    9. something that returns an object with _x,_y,_height,_width properties of a string in a textfield (to make emotion icons possible)

...thas all.
    Last edited by cosmiceye; 07-12-2003 at 12:18 PM.
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .