dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Macromedia Flash MX2

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar
    Originally posted by cosmiceye

Yes of course I want to be banned man, great attitude there fellow.
    How the heck should I have knownd that the image was removed?

And do you know something about it that I dont (is it a fake picture or what?)

sure ban me markP, suddenly it doesnt feel fun to post here any longer anyways.
    So true. Whats with all the MOD EDIT crap ?? Freedom of speach is totaly taken away from these forums at times or should i say freedom to post

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

calm down people.

the Flash 6 (faked) were removed from this site in the past due to Flashkit's connection to Macromedia. That (hopefully) is the explanation behind the mod edits as of late pertaining the image that's being removed.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Yup calm down kids... it was a general warning...
    Last edited by Markp.com; 07-13-2003 at 05:34 PM.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by gerbick
    (faked)
    Really ?

the Flash 6 faked ones by the then Flashkit crew... yeah, they were removed.

Not saying this was faked though, even though I never got a chance to see it.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

When someone signs up for a Beta program, they sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). Click here for a sample from findlaw, but esentially it says that it is illegal for someone who signs one of these to release any information regarding the beta, at least until the NDA is lifted (usually on or around the release date).

Now, for all I know, these could be faked shots (even if they are real, depending on how far along the beta cycle is, these may not even be close to what the final product will look like), and I like speculating about what will be in future releases as well (remember to submit all of your requests to the wish list - I was surprised to see how well-versed some of the developers were with common requests when I got to speak to them at last year's Flashforward in NY).

But to post and re-post screenshots with questionable legality on a site like Flashkit (even after the first one was taken down) is not a good move to make in any scenario.

What I find interesting is that some of the feature requests in this thread have already been addressed or are in the program - maybe Macromedia is not doing a good enough job of marketing these versus their product du jour?

For example, the 99% alpha/pixel shifting was fixed in a recent player upgrade/bug fix.

Originally posted by aversion

more than features I'd like to request that MM just gets its act together, listen to the community and create a coherent product line up.
    This will never happen with the kind of people and strategy they have there at the moment. I have never come across a company so ignorant.

When the actual flash generation works at MM not the people who where there and still are before the likes of FK was launched your view will be heard to some extent.

sad but true so far.

Originally posted by FI
    This will never happen with the kind of people and strategy they have there at the moment. I have never come across a company so ignorant.

When the actual flash generation works at MM not the people who where there and still are before the likes of FK was launched your view will be heard to some extent.

sad but true so far.
    it's really a shame, flash is really at a pivotally point in its development right now, MM could really help to provide us with a solid direction for the medium that will bring us through flash's adoption as the web application medium of choice, as a modular front end for other applications, as a convergence medium for multimedia on and offline, and as a damn good way to produce a web page.

but they aren't, I feel like they're focussing on such a small part of flash's potential, and within that area they're spitting out secondary apps left right and centre, without much regard for an overall strategy. They're listening to someone alright but I don't think it's the common developer, I can't help but feel it's some small clique that's steering MM's flash development strategy, and they don't know how to drive...

it's really a shame, flash is really at a pivotally point in its development right now, MM could really help to provide us with a solid direction for the medium that will bring us through flash's adoption as the web application medium of choice, as a modular front end for other applications, as a convergence medium for multimedia on and offline, and as a damn good way to produce a web page.

but they aren't, I feel like they're focussing on such a small part of flash's potential, and within that area they're spitting out secondary apps left right and centre, without much regard for an overall strategy. They're listening to someone alright but I don't think it's the common developer, I can't help but feel it's some small clique that's steering MM's flash development strategy, and they don't know how to drive...
    FI are meeting MM next week in Washington for a major client development meeting. It will be really the first time I will hear from the horses mouth. So I have read this thread and will save the comments to give feedback on our behalf.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by FI
    FI are meeting MM next week in Washington for a major client development meeting. It will be really the first time I will hear from the horses mouth. So I have read this thread and will save the comments to give feedback on our behalf.
    Cool beans. Keep us updated.

Originally posted by FI
    good stuff, hopefully they'll be in one of the development groups that's allowed to talk to the other development groups!

Ability to switch to Flash5 interface
    I DONT want 3D handling capabilities! These would only bust the price like $300 if not more!
    Ability to edit GIF, PNG, AND JPEGs to avoid massive amount of files in folder.

good stuff, hopefully they'll be in one of the development groups that's allowed to talk to the other development groups!
    it's the "top" people at this one. We are under NDA, so obviously if we do say something (by means of posting here FYI) it will be "legal".
    Don’t expect much other than the conformation that they are listening...

Originally posted by FI
    Don’t expect much other than the conformation that they are listening...
    that would be a start

He's saying you're into fruit bondage and torture.

These would only bust the price like $300 if not more!
    Good point. Never mind what I said about the 3d capabilities.

Do not recommend that to them!

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Originally posted by the sherrif
    2. AS control of right click menu
    3. scroll wheelie (need i say more)
    edit..
    4. collapsible code in the editor - make navigating any more than 200 lines a breeze
    These three sound like great ideas.

Just cleaned up this thread a little kiddy winkles PM me if you have problems.

M

Ahh! MarkP.com is cleaning!

*runs*

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    Ahh! Markp.com is cleaning!
    *runs*
    Wash behind those ears boy!!!

Sorry, Headmistress MarkP!