RIP - BillBussey V.2
    Here lies the empty link page...
    Killed by Bandwidth and over zealous Flashers
    Born 8:00pm
    Died 8:47pm 2003

sniff, sniff..

ITS BACK!!!

liar!

It's up and down like a yo-yo. Saw the intro then got stuck whilst loading. Seems to be down again...

i saw most of it, very nice looking 3d, basically a type of site like whoswe... lots of "wow" because of all the 3d.

Comment

Greetings!

The intro should be embeded in Flash Mx, and streamed.
    Preload 30-40 percent for dial-up/lowend users. Let it stream
    for broadband users!

This will lower the loading time.

Michael Mejaries
    Montreal Canada
    a higher technology

WOW! That just stunned the sh1t outta me. I'm impressed the way he layed out his intro. There are a lotta bugs with the menu system there. Nonetheless the 3d smudges were just AMAZING. Loved this one over whoewe too.

Sheldon
    P3RPL3XITY.COM - Inspiration leads to Creativity!

SLEEKBANNERS - Bringing The Limelight To You!

nice

nice, im loving this. This is the future of the web (well for a while) but... I hope he changes that looping piano thingy, done my nut after 2 mins!

wow!

What a site, all one guy as well.

My comp couldnt handle the fps, and the loading times were ridiculous, not to mention the intro didnt even work once it was loaded for me.

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar
    Never seen V.1 but V.2 is not a wow for me as far as flash but the 3D is hot! I'll have to see it as 100% done.
    Last edited by Prototype3X; 07-14-2003 at 01:03 PM.

cool

its..

"Cool Sites
    Found a cool site? Share it here for viewing and discussion."

not

"Cool FLASH Sites
    Found a cool site? Share it here for viewing and discussion."

people seem to forget.

im disappointed. what he created was a promotional tool that should be used for dvd-rom presentation to clients and potential clients. that is not a website. what he did was good work, it's just not meant to be a website.

Do any of you who are criticizing his site have any idea the amount of time and detail it must have taken to create such a site??? I don't think so. Also, can most people create something at this level, I don't think so.

Yes most of the content is not specifically Flash, but the site is truly amazing. The detail is great, and Billy is a true talent. This is very possibly the direction the web (multimedia) could and may go in. This takes things in a new direction, and opens a few doors (or at least opens those doors a little wider). It isn't often one site has such an impact, and I haven't seen a site at this level in a pretty long time.

I say, keep up the good work Billy. I don't love everything on the site, but I know he has more talent than most people here, so we should all appreciate that. I'm sure things will improve over the next few weeks. It will only get better.

Managed to see the site now and I'm blown away. Awesome work!!!

It seems that this forum is getting harsher by the day. People have a right to their opinion though. People seem to find it easier to complain and criticize than to compliment.

Really Kick Ass Work. A true talent.

However, first, how narcissistic is Billy. I mean he uses his own image as the major graphical element (even in the preloader). I actually like a lot of this usage but after seeing the intro I mean come on.

Secondly, the 3D work is fantastic but I have always had issues with popular 3D subjects. I mean what is that silvery mechanical thing anyway? Maybe I just don't understand.

Keep up the good work though.

there are 6 billion people on earth.

1 in ever 17,000 people are flash-kitters and there are only about 5 or 6 people in this forum as talented as that guy.

basicly what im saying is he's one of the most talented people on the face of the planet.

ok. maybe i get a little carried away but that 3d was amazing. i tried 3d studio,......................... i made a real nice cube.

great work. thats where i wanna be in a couple years.

p.s. was it just me or did the music make u feel really sorry for him. or maybe that was the fact that he was wearing an atari t-shirt
    freshly squeezed media

i think everyone who has seen this site certainly has an idea of the ENORMOUS time, effort and skill that goes into making some wicked 3d animations and after effects editing like this. And I'm not criticizing any of his video/3d skills, cuz i know I couldn't do that.

but some of the previous criticisms here are not unfounded. Bascially the site is a bunch of movies, with flash being used to sew them all together. as said before I think this would be a lot better done as a dvd/promotional video. the actual "flash" content consists of a couple buttons, and some text boxes.

for me its a killer demo of 3d skills. in truth, i find this stuff tons more impressive than whoswe or fantasy interfaces 3d. his sense of motion, editing and camera angles are bang on. but i don't really get to see any of his web/flash skills. which for me, makes this less of a cool website. its more of a cool video showcase. I don't think it's harsh to say this sort of thing. I'm simply appreciating it for what it is, not for what it isn't.

SOPRANO
    that 3d models and animations and effects are AWESOME, i mean AWESOME! this guy rocks!!!!! great work!!!

but no for a website, is too heavy to enjoy

*moved to 3D forum*

the more i look at it, the more i wish that there was more content, and interactivity... of course, the 3d is amazing, but after a few visits to the site it just feels really empty.

of course, this is an early version and the content still has to be added... but hopefully that will make the site worth it to go back to more then once.

Look, I dont want anyone to take what I said the wrong way. The work is very well done, it's just not meant to build a website around. If he were going to have a section of the site that showcased his 3d talents that's definitely something that he should include. But when thinking through projects that are meant to be viewed online, you must think about the people viewing your site, and the potential clients that are viewing your site. Like I said before, this work is very well done but it's probably better off being on a dvd-rom/promo kit than a website.